Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife, daughter and I were out last night sitting at a red light in our new '05 Legend Lime Stang. Feeling proud as ever I might add. When what should we both spot at the same time....Another 05 Mustang in the left turn lane across from us with it's hazards on. WHAT THE....?

Two emotions came over us. 1: Why is nobody helping this person, just driving around her like she was not there and 2: What could possibly cause this new car to be stalled at the intersection. I mean.. if it's something is seriously wrong with the car, we need to know what it is so we can be prepared.

So we did the only thing a good fellow Mustang owner could do. We came around behind her and put our hazards on. (Nice way to show of the sequentials I might add). She was very relieved that someone was helping her. I asked her if she minded if I put my hands on her trunk (not like that) because I know how I am after a nice wax job (not like that either). I pushed her through the light and up into the parking lot.

My wife pulled around and in. She asked if that was our car and I said yes. She smiled and said thank you. I told her no problem, we are a family after all. If you can't count on a fellow Mustang owner, who can you count on. Besides, it's bad for our image to have a brand new pony stuck on the road. We drove off, proud to be part of the club. It took me a while to catch my breath, but it was worth it.

Oh yeah. What was wrong with the car? She ran out of gas. Thank goodness. It was worth the effort just for that peace of mind!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Was her gauge broken? unless you are in a desert, I can't understand how anyone can run out of gas :doh:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, just a kid. Maybe 19 or so. Pushed it to the limit and got burned. Most of us have learned that lesson. I'm sure she learned hers. Not to mention, bad for the fuel injection.

·
Registered
150 Posts
was she hot?.................. i mean good job stopping and helping, u make the family proud :winks

·
Registered
483 Posts
JDB said:
***Another 05 Mustang in the left turn lane across from us with it's hazards on. WHAT THE....?***

Two emotions came over us. 1: Why is nobody helping this person, just driving around her like she was not there and ***
So we did the only thing a good fellow Mustang owner could do. We came around behind her and put our hazards on. (Nice way to show of the sequentials I might add). She was very relieved that someone was helping her. I asked her if she minded if I put my hands on her trunk (not like that) because I know how I am after a nice wax job (not like that either). ***
*** If you can't count on a fellow Mustang owner, who can you count on. ***!
Too bad everyone isn't as helpful as you are. Nice work.

Oh, and btw the way: LMAO at the "not like that" comments!

~m

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call me green, but I had to Google LMAO to make sure I wasn't being scolded. Glad you got a chuckle...all in fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For anyone who has inquired regarding the girls level of hotness. I really did not notice either way.

p.s. Did I happen to mention my wife and daughter were in the car and girl looked like she was about 20 years younger than me! So there's your answer; I have no idea.

·
Registered
74 Posts
JDB said:
For anyone who has inquired regarding the girls level of hotness. I really did not notice either way.

p.s. Did I happen to mention my wife and daughter were in the car and girl looked like she was about 20 years younger than me! So there's your answer; I have no idea.
Come on...really...was she hot?

As my married father told me when I was little, "Son, I'm married....not dead."

·
Registered
502 Posts
Boys, I'm here ta tell ya...I wouldn't abandon my Dixi for any 20 year old, no matter how hot she was. If all cars (like all ships) are female, there is no doubt your machine would start giving you problems if you did...

Seriously, JDB, way to walk the talk. You are a fine American and Stang Man, and I salute you sir.:clap

·
Registered
120 Posts
As I used to tell my interns: "Strong work!" :)

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Preacher said:
Come on...really...was she hot?

As my married father told me when I was little, "Son, I'm married....not dead."
God is going to get you for that :shocked:

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I woulda done the same thing. I stopped once to help a lady change a flat.
She wouldnt let me leave until I took the $20.00.

Stopped once for a car outta gas, was right down the street from my house. Ran home, got the can I use for lawnmower, took him about 2 gallons of gas, and it yielded me another 20 bucks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
JDB said:
Besides, it's bad for our image to have a brand new pony stuck on the road. We drove off, proud to be part of the club. It took me a while to catch my breath, but it was worth it.
Oh yeah. What was wrong with the car? She ran out of gas. Thank goodness. It was worth the effort just for that peace of mind!
Wait I don't get it. You just pushed her car to the side? You didn't help her get gas? And she was a fellow Mustang driver???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The gas station was a little far away to push. She was in a heavily populated retail area. She was on her cell-phone with a dad/brother/boyfriend. I asked her if she needed anything else and she said someone was on their way. Otherwise, I wouldn't have just left her stranded.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Your good samaritan work is something to be proud of, but how did she not hear the beeping of the of low gas as well as the gas display turning red when you get under 10 miles....:confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts