Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope one day to be a contributor instead of just asking questions!

My 1996 V6 Mustangs (more or less a base model) interior lights do not work. I have checked all of the fuses and bulbs; all are good. The lights do not come on when opening either of the two doors, nor do they come on when manually switching on the dome lights or opening the lighted visor mirrors.

One other possibly related clue to this might be that the power door locks don't work either. I am aware of the door lock actuator problem (having read about it and experienced it with my F-150) but the locks appear to be completely dead without a hint of even trying to work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or where I should start (after having checked fuses and bulbs)?

I'm concerned with this as I see it as a safety problem for my teen-aged daughter. Thanks very much!

Jeff Shropshire
The Woodlands, TX
1996 3.8 Mustang with Auto Transmission

·
Registered
154 Posts
my interior lights have the same problem....but just the dome ones not the visor ones...and ive checked and double checked everything and they SHOULD turn on but they dont.....although my door locks still work....

dont know how to help but just letting u know ur not the only one with this problem:so

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mustang Dome Lights

Thanks, if I figure it out I'll let you know. My Caprice had the same problem, but there was a dome light delay (a relay). That was easy - once I located it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i got a bunch of wiring diagrams for the car so if there is a short or a cut wire somewhere i will find it....ha....it might take me a day or 2 but i will find the problem one way or another.....ill fill u in on what happens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mustang Dome Light

Thanks, the wiring diagram in the Chilton manual look kind of sparse. Going to be out of town this weekend so I won't get to play with my car (it's actually my daughters)

Jeff

·
Registered
154 Posts
ya i have true wiring diagrams from a source at my school..i dont know if they are the same for ur car but give me the year and ill get them and email them to u or post them or something so u can print them off......???

might help....especially cuz i dont know what the diagram in ur book looks like but mine is complete soo....hopefully going to fool around with it starting monday....**** got backed up in the shop so havent had alot of time.....(auto shop at school)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.