Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am really wanting to swap out my cloth seats in my 2006 v6 mustang for leather seats and i think i have found some new take-off ones they completely replace the cloth and make the seat look like stock leather from the factory. My question is will a 2010 or 20111 new take-off leather seat cover fit a 2006 v6 mustang? and i dont have side airbags

·
Registered
21 Posts
there is a a ford dealership in knoxville, TN. they have an ebay store and they have leather seat covers out of brand new stangs that the customer wanted custom leather...they go for 275 bux....i believe he has some for the non airbag cars... ill find the link and post it up for you,......

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a a ford dealership in knoxville, TN. they have an ebay store and they have leather seat covers out of brand new stangs that the customer wanted custom leather...they go for 275 bux....i believe he has some for the non airbag cars... ill find the link and post it up for you,......
alright thanks it is much appreciated

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well the point is that they show up on Ebay all the time, I think light seats would look better in your blue car, but that's me...it was a happy day when I tossed my leather seats out of my Cobra and put cloth Sparcos in it...

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
oh i know they show up all the time but i was just wondering if a 2010-2011 seat cover will fit on a 2006 v6 coupe
You will spend triple recovering your seats than finding whole seats, then you can sell the seats you have to finance the deal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will spend triple recovering your seats than finding whole seats, then you can sell the seats you have to finance the deal.
yeah i guess that is true but i was reading somewhere where somebody took the leather seat covers off of a 2011 mustang coupe and put it on their 06 without having to make any drastic modifications to the seat cushion itself

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
yeah i guess that is true but i was reading somewhere where somebody took the leather seat covers off of a 2011 mustang coupe and put it on their 06 without having to make any drastic modifications to the seat cushion itself
Oh I'm sure they will fit, however unless you are an upholsterer it will cost alot more to have that done than to find the whole seats...you would be looking at probably $400+ per seat in labor alone.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I'm sure they will fit, however unless you are an upholsterer it will cost alot more to have that done than to find the whole seats...you would be looking at probably $400+ per seat in labor alone.
not necessarily, the cloth seat covers are only held on by a couple of hog ties and bolts. all you have to do is slide the cloth material off and slide the leather on. ive done it with a friends 1999 mustang. the only problem i was worried about was if the 2011 mustang had wider seats or some more levers than the 06 model

·
Registered
90 Posts
not necessarily, the cloth seat covers are only held on by a couple of hog ties and bolts. all you have to do is slide the cloth material off and slide the leather on. ive done it with a friends 1999 mustang. the only problem i was worried about was if the 2011 mustang had wider seats or some more levers than the 06 model

You're correct. It's not that hard to do and can easily be done in an afternoon by someone with little experience.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're correct. It's not that hard to do and can easily be done in an afternoon by someone with little experience.
yeah i know i can get them put on hopefully. but can a convertible seat cover fit a coupe & does side airbags matter?

·
Registered
585 Posts
+1 on easy to diy. the covers should fit, i think the construction of the side airbag seatcovers make it easier for the airbag to break thru in case of side impact and nothing to do with sizing of the cover. you can get roush leathers on clearance on their site for $500 but the selection is limited.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
the seat covers are held on with plastic built on clips and a few hog rings. i swapped out my tan cloth with the 05-09 blk leather. so much better. the 10-11 seat covers will fit. they just have a couple extra stitch lines in the covers.( not sure about the handles on the sides, but they claim the covers still fit the 05-09 seats). the back of the seats come with the foam attached. not too hard to do the swap, just plan on a whole day.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah i know i can get them put on hopefully. but can a convertible seat cover fit a coupe & does side airbags matter?
I'm pretty confident the entire seat assy will interchange between vert & coupe, including just the covers.

The thing I'm not sure about is the 'side air bag / no side air bag' situation.

Someone who really knows will have to comment on that .

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I'm pretty confident the entire seat assy will interchange between vert & coupe, including just the covers.

The thing I'm not sure about is the 'side air bag / no side air bag' situation.

Someone who really knows will have to comment on that .
you can put airbag seat covers on a non airbag car. it will have a little tag on it, but you cant put non airbag covers on airbag seats for obvious reasons. i think the frt buckets are the same in the verts, its just the rear seats that are different.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the seat covers are held on with plastic built on clips and a few hog rings. i swapped out my tan cloth with the 05-09 blk leather. so much better. the 10-11 seat covers will fit. they just have a couple extra stitch lines in the covers.( not sure about the handles on the sides, but they claim the covers still fit the 05-09 seats). the back of the seats come with the foam attached. not too hard to do the swap, just plan on a whole day.
yeah yours looks really good where did you get the seat covers? i was looking at a 2011 seat covers because i like the stiching.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.