Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so I installed a JLT cold air intake and uploaded the tune designed for it but now my car stalls when at speeds of 80mph+ when I hit the clutch and brakes. It doesnt do it at any speed less then 70 or 80. The car will drop to 0 rpm but it starts back up after a try or two. Ive asked alot of people and seems no one has had this problem. So if you have any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Try cleaning the throttle body and MAF sensor. Use MAF cleaner and TB cleaner though. I'm having the same problem and going to clean those this weekend.

My does it alot with the a/c on . I'm hoping that straightens it out. I've read alot of threads that suggested this fix. So I'll let you know after I do it, if it helped.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i had that problem all of your lights on your dash come on like only your key is turned but the car isnt started then itll kick back up, it will go away after bout 200 miles its just the car adjusting mine did the same exact thing then it stopped

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The ECU has to re-learn the idle strategy whenever a tune is installed, or the battery is disconnected. As mentioned by Steveostang, some driving time is required to complete the process. There's also a procedure in the battery maintanance section of the owner's manual that may help to expedite the re-learning process.

Also, make sure all of the connections for the CAI and the MAF sensor are vacuum tight, and check that the MAF sensor's rubber gasket did not stick inside the orifice in the stock air intake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put the stock cai back on..wasn't worth the trouble to me. Im guessing it had to do with the maf sensor.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Try getting a tune from AM and see if you have the same problem. They are very good and would help you out. They have free tunes for life if you buy a tune from them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I have a offroad x-pipe so its tuned for that right now but not the cai. I actually got the tuner from am, I called them and explained the situation and I think they did there best to help but it was such a weird problem I never got a solid answer from them..

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just in reference to my earlier post. I cleaned my Throttle body this weekend with CRC Throttle Body Cleaner, My car now purrs like a kitten, no jumpy idle, or anything. It worked for me!

Good luck !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts