Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sort of stressing out. I just repowdered my rims, got tires mounted on them, put them on my car, and I was about to start putting my lug nuts on only to find out my stock lug nuts will not fit in the new holes on the wheel.

I can't seem to find the lug bolt size of my mustang (1/2" maybe?), and I can't find a lug nut that fits in the hole either :S Would this be a good place to order them?
Wheel Components - Lug Nuts
If so which ones should I order?

The holes on the new wheels are a little over 1.5" in diameter.
PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhh... hmm I'm wondering if the lug nuts might be the shank type. That might explain why they're so narrow? I'm not sure of the manufacturer.. If I took my wheels into Les Schwab could they tell me what kind of lug nuts I would need?

Coeur d' Alene's great. Kind of up and down winter weather, but that's north Idaho I guess :yup: Soon enough it'll be into the warm spring/ summer temps and all the pretty classic cars will be out :bigthumbsup Hopefully have my 71 AMX out there with em this year.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I hear you, used to live there, now Im in Boise, man its been cold this winter.

Could be the shank type and Les Schwab should know what you need. Theres different shank lengths, depending on the wheel. But getting the correct nut should be no problem. :)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it down to Les Schwab and they got me going. Guess I just needed some "tuner" lugs. And yeah it's pretty frustrating when all you want to do is drive your car and it's all frosty/icy/snowy all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.