Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Mustang Mach 1 2021
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in whether a tire with a height of 45 that is mounted on the 19x9.5 rim can fit the Mustang Mach1 2021. Commodity suspension and brakes. Stock suspension and Brembo brakes.

·
Super Moderator
3,831 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
10,883 Posts
The complete tire size matters, not just the aspect ratio. The 45 number is the "aspect ratio" which is the sidewalll height as a % of the tread width.

You can look up all the information about tires on Tire Rack. Look up the specific tires you are thinking about, and look at the "specs" tab for all of the related information. It will tell you the overall tire diameter, and the recommended rim width. You want your rim width to be within the recommended range for the tires you are looking at; if the tires need a wider rim then look up a narrower tire, and vice-versa.

Start by looking up the OEM tires and take note of the overall diameter. Any new tires you buy should be pretty close to that overall diameter, within about 1/2" or less if possible.

·
Registered
Ford Mustang Mach 1 2021
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Original diameter is 19x9 255/40 front and 19x9.5 275/40 rear. Which is the highest tire I can put on these wheels

·
Registered
10,883 Posts
If you follow my suggestion above, hopefully you will see and understand what I am talking about.

Another suggestion would be to look on line to learn about how the tire sizes work, I'm pretty sure Tire Rack has that information on their web site also. 19" is the wheel diameter, not the tire diameter. The tires are bigger than the wheels; like I said earlier you can find the tire overall diameter on Tire Rack, or anywhere else that has that info.

The wheels do not determine the largest diameter tire; clearance in the fenders does, and that's why I suggested you want new tires that are no more than about 1/2" taller than your original tires

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Try this...I like to see comparisons myself.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Original diameter is 19x9 255/40 front and 19x9.5 275/40 rear. Which is the highest tire I can put on these wheels
FWIW, my Mustang came with 255/40-19 on 9" wide wheels all the way around. These tires are 27" in diameter. When they wore out I replaced them with 275/40-19. They are 27.7" in diameter. 9" rim width is the minimum the tire manufacturers recommend for the 275/40 tire. There are no clearance issues but the tire is getting close to the spring perch, about a fingers width of clearance and about a fingers width between the inner side wall and the body of the strut. Be careful going wider and taller on the tire.

The speedo reads 2 mph low at 50 mph. I updated the revolutions per mile for the 275 tire using my tuner to get the speedo back on.

Dave

·
Headquarters
224 Posts
Try this...I like to see comparisons myself.
I also use this whenever I try to picture and compare tire sizes. Very helpful. All you have to do is dial the stock size and the other size you wanna compare it with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts