Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a club and someone who can do some mods. It's hard to find a decent shop and I'm nervous that when I do find one I shouldn't go there. I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What type of mods? I just installed a Saleen Supercharger 39# injectors a Diablo MAFia and did a SCT Xcal-2 Tune on my 05 Mustang GT. I live near the Paromont Carowinds Theme Park. I too would like to join a club. Or start one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm really just trying to get started. Do you recommend anything? Are you a mechanic or something or is it something you do on the side?
satnsilvrgt said:
What type of mods? I just installed a Saleen Supercharger 39# injectors a Diablo MAFia and did a SCT Xcal-2 Tune on my 05 Mustang GT. I live near the Paromont Carowinds Theme Park. I too would like to join a club. Or start one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was a mechanic for 15 years but now I'm in electronics. I just do it on the side. What type of mods are you looking to do? I would be glad to help or give tips.

·
Registered
16 Posts
An SCT Xcal2 or Diablo Sport Predator tuner should be the first on your list. All mods will require a tune. You can get one preloaded with performance tunes that only require higher grades of fuel. From there I would remove the carbon trap in the intake tube and add a K&N replacement air filter this with a 93 octane performance tune can get you very close to 300 rwhp. Most stock GT are running around 262 to 283 rwhp. then you can play games with all the other little mods like smaller pullies, bigger maf, cold air intake, exhaust.... or do like me and go with a blower!! :eyepoppin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts