Ford Mustang Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts
The chili reminded me of a story. About 5 years ago, driving with my daughter, teaching her to drive I believe, at least she was new to driving, and this guy decides to tailgate her, big time, for a while. She is going the speed limit, and he did have a chance or two to pass but didn't. so as we are getting on the highway, he is still riding her tail, I "accidentally" dropped my old still partly full mountain dew bottle out the window and bounced it off the front of his car. He passed us then...whistling.gif

ya... i had some young women tail gate me on highway...she was driving a chevy cruze with a hood scoop....lol...
followed me like that for miles...maybe she wanted my phone number...
i had one couple come up to me in the grocery store and tell me i have nice car...apparently they seen me drive in...
is it me or do u guys notice that dodge truck owners ride up yur ass...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

You got that right, we are having fun! Lot's of 5.7 HEMI Dodge trucks sold, so we see a lot of them. I've caught myself "harrassing" other ponies. I've been challenged and blown by many Hater's, ricer's and Camaro's.

kinda on subject........

I've now been passed by a Prius twice. I'm assuming the same one as both times on my way to work and I get on the road early.

I am confident enough that neither time did my Manhood threatened.

OP, as mentioned it ain't just Stangs or modern times. Any nice car can bring out the idiots, it seems they don't need much encouragement to prove that they really are idiots.

+1 on what Whiskey says for getting more thumbs up then fingers raised.

Unfortunately there will always be douche bags on the roads. It just matters on how you want to deal with them. In my case if the person that cuts me off decides to throw up their hands to make it seem like my fault, they promptly figure out they're in the wrong. Not dangerously but enough to let them know what's up or just ignore them (best option). I drive to and from work in heavy traffic with alot of young air force kids in sports cars, so this is pretty common for me.

I think there's idiots all over the place, no? There are plenty of dopes who drive mustangs. I see quite a few buzzing around at pretty high rates of speed with loud exhausts and a fairly racey/aggressive look to them. It's no surprise that Joe Blow in a riced out Civic wants to have a go at anything with a 5.0 badge and a grumbly exhaust. I don't know what's worse however, the stereotypical aggressive mustang driver or the geriatric corvette owner who travels 10 under the speed limit all day long.

Given all of that, I haven't experienced much foolishness in the 2.5 years I've been driving my car if I'm honest. In fact, I've gotten mostly compliments on it--from a guy in a CRV to an older gent in a Porsche 997. One guy in a Caliber SRT4 wanted to have a go on the highway and some clown in a current gen Camaro SS thought he was racing me from a light, but I didn't even know he was there until he sped off in front of and proceeded to cut through 3 lanes of traffic at one time.

I've had a pretty good ownership experience as far as that stuff's concerned. Then again, my car is fairly boring looking--a silver GT with BBK wheels, a darkened front end, and everything else stock.

To heck with the other drivers. Those kinds of idiots we are used to in NJ.
What really steams me is when people lean on or otherwise touch my car when its parked.
^ This! I cannot stand some idiot I just met that pulled up in his 95 Mitsubishi Galant and wants to come over to the circle that seems to always congregate around my Mustang and lean on it. I usually embarrass the guy/gal and say "no no no" or that "aaaank" sound you make when your dog starts sniffing at your dinner plate on the coffee table. They usually say something like "its just a car" and that's the end of it. Hey as long as you don't lean on it you can talk all you want. I've already embarrassed you enough when I pulled up.

The Mustang seems to attract all kinds of Nissan Maxima 4 doors that think they can try to whip through traffic and "beat me." I'm only trying to get over so I don't miss my exit and this guy in the 4 door wants to endanger people coming home from work to prove he made the right decision getting a family car. Get outta here!

I think what pisses me off most is when I'm in the far left lane of a large un-congested multi-laned interstate, CC set at 80 mph, then a clown or 3 pass, get in front or box me in, then slow down. :cursing:

I find that happens quite a bit.

Ah yes, the other facet of driving in modern society. Why should people pay attention while driving, when they can multitask with ******* & Twatter?
They are doing so because you are left lane hogging. They are trying to get you to move over. Not to be an ass, but you shouldn't be cruising in the left lane. It doesn't matter if there's no traffic. It's just the right thing to do by moving over. Left lane is for passing.

I haven't had any morons yet. Only guys wanting to hear it. I had a 4 cylinder Pontiac pull up behind me at a light and rev his 4 cylinder. I gave mine a decent rev and the guys in the Pontiac were smiling like fat kids in a candy store. Then they turned off into a parking lot. I've had others hear it and give me a nod or thumbs up, but no morons. Although it has only been 3 weeks. I'm sure I'll get some.

You guys don't even know! Try living in a college town; literally every time I go for a ride I get two-three people revving their engine, and I'll roll down my window and say "Want to go for a run?" and it's always no. ALWAYS. People just feel the need to be a jackass to anyone with a nicer/faster car than theirs. I've seen minivans pass be going ~80 in a 40 just to pass me after riding my bumper. I do not understand people.
I agree with the college town part. You get an ******* every time you drive out.

They are doing so because you are left lane hogging. They are trying to get you to move over. Not to be an ass, but you shouldn't be cruising in the left lane. It doesn't matter if there's no traffic. It's just the right thing to do by moving over. Left lane is for passing.
That can be true on two lane freeways, out here, most are 4-6 lanes in each direction and in this case its un-congested, so I don't believe that is the case. I do move over if needed, most of the time its not necessary. 80 mph is as fast as you can go without getting a ticket on this stretch. I believe it's really a case of followers (sheepeople), who want to be up front, then think they might get a ticket, so they slow down, below 80 mph.

On a road trip I just want to set CC & relax with some music. I deal with congested comutes during the week, & don't like them when driving conditions are fine.

This thread is great lmfao.

Ha ha I haven't read through this thread yet but it's true. My car is lowered w/ big chrome rims and an aggressive grill so it tends to get people to look. What happens next is anybodys guess.

For example, today I was cruising to work going probably 62 MPH on the highway and I was coming up pretty fast on this service type white van. I just turned on my blinker for a few seconds and steered out to the next lane over since no cars were there and went by the van. Then as soon as I got beyond the guy he must have just hammered the gas b/c he flew right by me on the right and had to hit 85 mph at one point lol. I just shook my head and laughed. I get this a lot though. I don't know if it's people trying to see what the Mustangs got or they just instinctively hit the gas but I get it all the time. People see my car and immediately speed up.

Ha ha I haven't read through this thread yet but it's true. My car is lowered w/ big chrome rims and an aggressive grill so it tends to get people to look. What happens next is anybodys guess.

For example, today I was cruising to work going probably 62 MPH on the highway and I was coming up pretty fast on this service type white van. I just turned on my blinker for a few seconds and steered out to the next lane over since no cars were there and went by the van. Then as soon as I got beyond the guy he must have just hammered the gas b/c he flew right by me on the right and had to hit 85 mph at one point lol. I just shook my head and laughed. I get this a lot though. I don't know if it's people trying to see what the Mustangs got or they just instinctively hit the gas but I get it all the time. People see my car and immediately speed up.
Not it, If my service van gets over 75 I get a call or email from the boss.....thanks to the big brother 5000 we are always watching you GPS system. .nbs.gif

Not it, If my service van gets over 75 I get a call or email from the boss.....thanks to the big brother 5000 we are always watching you GPS system. .nbs.gif
This guy must not have had one of those haha.

In regards to pick ups as others have mentioned I don't get that but I did think of another funny time when I was at a light and an old like 1980 Scottsdale 4x4 that is totally rusted out pulls up beside me and we were first in line at the light. His truck is rumbling like no other (sounded great btw) and I take off real slow and so does he but his truck sounded like he was 3/4 throttle. I then just eased into the gas a little just to mess w/ him and he then hammers it and it sounded like all hell broke loose. This thing sounded like a monster truck in the Edward Jones Dome. I let him go on past and black smoke was roaring out the bottom of the truck (I assume he just had headers and down pipe and that's it). As he goes on past there is another light but on his back glass there is a sticker in red old English lettering that says ******* all the way across the back glass. When I came up to the light he had his window down and I rolled mine down and just gave a big :bigthumbsup. Merica amer.gif

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.