Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came to thought when my girlfriend had told me of a certain jeep "wave", which is basically if any jeep owner or driver see another jeep owner or driver on the road that it is an unwritten law that they are to "wave" to each other. I say, that we Mustang owners, drivers, diehards, freaks, lovers and whatever else you want to call us, put forth into effect the Mustang "Nod". Basically, if you spot another Mustang on the road, glance over and simply give them a good ol' badass lookin Nod, and perhaps a nice rev of what you got under the hood. This should be our unwritten law, our way of showing our Mustang Pride. Let's be proud of what we got, and say "whats up, nice ride" to our fellow Mustang Driver! Whos with me!!!!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Count me in dude..

·
Registered
13 Posts
This could work, but you really need to get the word out. The Jeep wave has been around a long time. We have web sites devoted to the wave. Some people even have come up with "rules" as to who should wave first when you see another Jeep. The Harley guys also do a form of the wave. Ususally they do the peace sign with their arm facing down at an angle. The nod could catch on, but it's going to be hard to see, the rev might be the part that catches on. So I say nod away. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
208 Posts
Shoot, I do that already, everytime I see another classic I just about go ballistic

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love the idea of sharing our mustang pride but you need to think of it from a logical side. Do you really think that you could clearly see the guy/gal in the other 'stang nod to you. The jeepers wave to each other, but it's not just a jeep thing. Harley guys and bikers in general also have a wave. I think a wave or something more noticable would be more realistic.

Great idea though

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
is roasting the tires more noticeable???? we could do that

ive seen jeep owners and bikers do the wave, or nod if the windows are down....to be honest, this is old news to me..i nod at mustang owners new or old, or wave at them through the front window, and they do the same thing back to me..

·
Registered
59 Posts
i say... clutch it real quick and give the pedal a couple of pumps. that way, if the other is already past you, they can still acknowledge. you and everyone in earshot will know whose "boss". of course this could be harder for those with an automatic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Shoot, I do that already, everytime I see another classic I just about go ballistic
Same here; I give a nod to any classic Mustang I pass and wouldn't object to adding a nod to current models.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Me too....

Same here; I give a nod to any classic Mustang I pass and wouldn't object to adding a nod to current models.
I have done this for some time now. I don't just limit my wave to other Mustangs, I apreaciate any make old car. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I appreciate all classics. But I find it amusing, that not all "late model" Mustang'rs have the same appreciation. But hey that is their problem IMO. A couple of weekends ago I'm crusing with the top down in the mirror I see a sleek newer model convertible moving quick on my back bumper....it was black drop top coulda been a GT...but sometimes it's hard to tell on the new units. He dawgs down on me and sweeps around (because I'm still crusin')...I'm JUST ABOUT to give the Mustang Wave....and I look over as he is now stopped beside me at the light. HE is NOT even looking my direction AT ALL...as IF I'm not even sitting there. HE WAS SO COOL and I bet bad azz :happyhapp!!! and blind too if he can't appreciate a 67 drop top.
So here's to the super cool dude so caught up in his own stuff ......:bigthumbsup

other than him....I vote we hang our arm out the window and do the ZZ Top http://mog.com/pictures/wikipedia/34537/Zztop33.jpg wave!!!:hihi:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I've found myself oddly curious about this. Since this thread was started and really paid attention since my last post.

So when I go out for a cruise I note the "classic" car lovers give a wave. I've had numerous "late model" Stangs drive behind me for long distances....drive beside me long distances....as they pass by I'm waiting for tha nod.
LOL 99% of them look straght forward as if I'm not there with this "children of the corn" look.
I have to laugh!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've found myself oddly curious about this. Since this thread was started and really paid attention since my last post.

So when I go out for a cruise I note the "classic" car lovers give a wave. I've had numerous "late model" Stangs drive behind me for long distances....drive beside me long distances....as they pass by I'm waiting for tha nod.
LOL 99% of them look straght forward as if I'm not there with this "children of the corn" look.
I have to laugh!!!!!
I have noticed this also. I think most of the newer Mustang owners do not realize they are driving a future classic. We have a friend that has a 10 year old son, and he is crazy for the new Mustangs, I told him I would bring mine over(66 Fastback) and give him a ride, even drive by his buddies house's, he declined, my car is not a new one, so to him it is just a old junk car.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I tend to agree but the females in newer models are even worse, it doesn't look like they recognize one model from another? Except for the 2 this month that went out of their way to honk and say 'nice car'. Are the guys in the newer cars intimidated? or don't care for anything more than 2 yrs. old?
I wave at all classics, pretty much anything <'70 or a custom job because of the knowledge that they to choose to drive a car that's not as comfortable or convenience laden as the newer one at home but is different and needs pretty constant attention.

Chad, I'm in Smyrna, maybe I'll see your car on the road or at a cruiz in at Rosies, Mt. Juliet Chick-Fil-A on Sat. nights. Are you coming to the big ford show at the Nash. Motor Speedway in Sept?
Jon

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
CD DAvis ? Jonk......you guys are from my old stomping grounds. I am from Mt.Juliet and a lot of my family are in Murfreesboro. Maybe some day...I'll cruise the ole Vert up there and cruise in at the "new" hang outs......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
44 Posts
rpm you def. need to cruise into the boro and head to the local cruise in on a friday night. Jonk, Im at the cruise in at roses every friday so swing by sometime...the more mustangs the better

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
What about the Ford show in September?

Are you coming to the big ford show at the Nash. Motor Speedway in Sept?
Jon

Can you give me some info on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
rpm you def. need to cruise into the boro and head to the local cruise in on a friday night. Jonk, Im at the cruise in at roses every friday so swing by sometime...the more mustangs the better

Sounds like fun....but it will be awhile. I'm taking the engine out sometime next month for rebuild....and I am only 831 miles from the track from my house. now THAT is a cruise in;)
But I do want to bring her up in a few months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.