Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
People are buying the 2012's (302 Boss)?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Interesting. Let the theorizing begin.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Really no need to knock the Camaro, or Camaro drivers. It's not a bad car. Granted, in my opinion, the mustang is a better ride overall, the Camaro in it's newest form is a pretty sexy ride.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Really no need to knock the Camaro, or Camaro drivers. It's not a bad car. Granted, in my opinion, the mustang is a better ride overall, the Camaro in it's newest form is a pretty sexy ride.
You call that a "knock" on "the Camaro or Camaro drivers?" Holy cow...not even close bud. I too like the looks of the Camaro so don't even go there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I may be wrong,but I think
the stang is running the 3:31 rear.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I found the road test. Both are 6 speed manuals and the Mustang has 3.31 rear gears. The only stat the Stang didn't beat the Camaro was stopping distance. A dozen or so horses can't make up for 400 lbs in extra weight for the Camaro. They were pretty tough on the Camaro's steering wheel and shift knob too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You call that a "knock" on "the Camaro or Camaro drivers?" Holy cow...not even close bud. I too like the looks of the Camaro so don't even go there.
Simma down there, chuck. I wasn't even referring to anything you said, but was commenting on the 'sheeple' comment in the original post.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Simma down there, chuck. I wasn't even referring to anything you said, but was commenting on the 'sheeple' comment in the original post.
It was a joke, hence the "all kidding aside" comment in the OP. I owned a LS3 Vette and currently still own a LTZ Tahoe with the 6.2 L92 motor, so I personally know how good those powertrains are.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
It was a joke, hence the "all kidding aside" comment in the OP. I owned a LS3 Vette and currently still own a LTZ Tahoe with the 6.2 L92 motor, so I personally know how good those powertrains are.
What? A joke? Say it ain't so...:heha:

·
Banned
2,000 Posts
Based on my travel lately, I'd conclude most of those sales were convertible V6 sold to Hertz/Avis/Enterprise. :winks

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
A 493 car lead isn't really much more than a tie. I'm surprised Ford managed that the way they've been choking off inventory to dealers since January. Maybe someone had the bright idea to finally get a few cars in the pipeline.

And sorry GM fanboys, I grew up GM and have owned two Camaros. They both were great cars. However I think the current Camaro and Corvette are so ugly they shouldn't have allowed to be born. Who cares what a car can do performance-wise if they look that bad? Every car magazine on the planet can tell me a Challenger is slower and not built as well but I'd still want one of those instead if Mustang wasn't available.

They went for retro with Camaro but ended up with cartoon. Lots of great angles here and there but the whole is a jarring mess to look at and the ergonomics are ridiculous. And GM was so insecure.... or confused about what a Camaro tail end was supposed to look like they made it look like a baby-Corvette instead.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Incentives on the 2011 Models? Ford is offering 2 grand off of the V6 and 2500 off the GT in my area according to Ford.com.

I don't care who sells the most, as long as they all continue selling! The Mustang didn't get the sweet new drivetrains they have until the Camaro came out with much better ones than Mustang had... who knows how long Ford would have milked the old ones without the new Camaro/Challenger to push the performance/fuel economy envelope.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This thread certainly isn't the typical competition-bashing thread I'm used to reading here, but it's worth saying anyway: Both cars have a lot going for them. Looks aside, if that Camaro had a pony on the front and a Ford badge somewhere on it most of us would be VERY pleased to own one.

Including the Challenger, all three cars in the segment are well-designed cars with way more power than we had even a few years ago stock. I know that I'd be happy with either one of the other two, but it sure feels good to know that mine is the FASTER one!

I don't care who sells the most, as long as they all continue selling! The Mustang didn't get the sweet new drivetrains they have until the Camaro came out with much better ones than Mustang had... who knows how long Ford would have milked the old ones without the new Camaro/Challenger to push the performance/fuel economy envelope.
I completely agree here! I was telling my wife this morning how I disagreed with the government bailouts, but am sure glad that GM still existed. If it weren't for the Camaro we'd likely be still stuck with the 4.6L or possibly the F150-spec 360 HP 5.0L engine. Takes lots more effort to get another 52 HP out of the same engine, and this is effort that likely wouldn't have been given had the Camaro not been such a powerful car. We have a 412 HP V8 and a 305 HP V6 BECAUSE of the Camaro.

I hope all three keep selling well, as competition will continue to make the Mustang a better car as time goes on!

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
On the open road the Camaro guys have certainly been civil. I've only had one act like his drawers got in a knot because a Mustang was anywhere near him. He kept running up beside me on the freeway at around 65-70 MPH (first to my right and then to my left) and revving his engine, but there were so many cars around (I was boxed in), that there was no way I was going to waste my time. Other than that, I've been around a ton of them and they've all been cool as cucumbers.

I don't feel particularly thrilled that Mustang sales have surpassed Camaro, and I wouldn't be heart-broken if the opposite occurred. I'm just happy with my Mustang.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The only thing the Camaro has going for it is the powertrain.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts