Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several friends that own Jeep Wranglers and they all seem to greet one another on the road. When they're driving around and see another Wrangler, they just give them a quick wave hello, and the other Wrangler driver will do the same. This is commonly know as "the Jeep wave". Is there a similar salute/wave/gesture among Mustang owners?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've never had another Mustang owner wave at me, so I don't think so. The only groups that I know do this are Jeep owners and motorcyclists.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It always starts somewhere...Perhaps we can do a middle finger salute? :heha:

Just Kidding...I think a regular military salute would be better or maybe a plain ole two finger wave...

·
Registered
76 Posts
haha my grandpa taught me how to do the motorcyclist wave and he said you have to do it or i will dis own you. keep in mind he's been a harley fanatic for decades, its all he drives haha

i don't really have any sort of wave to other people with the same rig as me, just to friends. and were all car enthusiasts so we know what eachothers cars look like and spot them a mile away.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been driving classic Mustangs since I started driving and I always get a wave from the other mustangs on the road. I have had my 2011 for over six months and I try to do the same thing but it seems like no one is waving back. I dont care, I'm going to keep it going anyway.

·
Registered
734 Posts
A simple raised left hand above the steering wheel serves as the mustang salute in this area.

There are about 10 5.0s in the area here, and though we don't really know each other, we will wave to each other every time we see them. I will wave to all mustangs (as long as they aren't SN95 V6s!) if it appears the owner gives a f*** about their car - it's pretty easy to tell. Cowl hoods are a good indicator.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Unfortunately I don't see too many 2010-2012s around here and for some reason, 2005-2009 drivers just never seem to be looking around. :blink:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not all mustang owners are enthusiast. Most Jeepers are.

Imagine waving a teenage girl in her v6 mustang. She would call the cops. :shigrin

·
Registered
465 Posts
Funny, my first week having my car, I got 4 waves from other mustangs. I just thought this was normal. Maybe its the Canadian way lol.
I even had a pedestrian carry on so much at the side of the road during a red light, I looked over my shoulder to see if he was talking to someone else. I then did the motion to ask if he was pointing at me and then got a nod and a thumbs up. It made me smile.

·
Registered
373 Posts
A simple raised left hand above the steering wheel serves as the mustang salute in this area.

There are about 10 5.0s in the area here, and though we don't really know each other, we will wave to each other every time we see them. I will wave to all mustangs (as long as they aren't SN95 V6s!) if it appears the owner gives a f*** about their car - it's pretty easy to tell. Cowl hoods are a good indicator.
I've noticed there's a lot of racism... err... enginism on these boards. Most of the V6ers are open-minded and the v8ers are a bunch of elitist gorillas... :D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The only Mustang drivers I've had wave at me are the ones driving classic 60's cars, all the others don't seem to be looking anywhere but straight ahead.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Heck yeah, I usually drive with my windows down, and if I see a mustang that is taken care of I throw my left arm out the window with a big thumbs-up. Seriously. I don't do it to every mustang, I get a decent look at it, but v6's and v8's that the owners are obviously proud of, I'll give em all a big thumbs up everyday. We are definitely a community. Just threw a huge thumbs up to a new black roush that drove by me just this evening...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hell yes!! I blast a Freon boat horn from the drivers-side window and wave a over-sized novelty "we're #1" foam hand at the unsuspecting Mustang driver. Always seems to get a reaction!!

Seriously though, I always give a wave when appropriate. Heck, when riding my bike, I even give a little wave to Harley riders, but most try so hard to look straight ahead and play cool as to not sully their reputaion and be caught waving to a "gasp" sport-bike rider.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
a lot of hot rodders do this as well. i actually get more ford ppl waving than fellow stangers prolly cuz a lot of ppl only see it as a car or have no clue about it. but if my ac ist on i wave, or just revved the engine seems to be the norm around here.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I give a thumbs up when I see a nice Mustang. I will say the Mustang does seem to have a more diverse customer base than most muscle cars.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I usually toss a wave to all Mustangs, just a simple raising of my fingers while my palm is still on the wheel, sometimes I get ignored, sometimes it is returned, and sometimes I get people looking at me like I'm a lunatic.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I always do the thumbs up or steering wheels wave if I see another GT that looks taken care of. I've noticed that a lot of the non-5.0 drivers seem to have a chip on their shoulder and don't always reply. I bet they think we're all cocky douchbags or something. Maybe it's my personal plates:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.