Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) I parked my car at my home garage as usual and suddenly I found a deep scratch in the pack of my car.

What should I do?:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

:scratchchin Is it necessary to repaint the all area because of this scratch or just leave it?

I mean how much approximately the cost to repair this scratch.:happyhapp

:wavey:waveyThank you for your time and your advice to me :wavey:wavey

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
;) I parked my car at my home garage as usual and suddenly I found a deep scratch in the pack of my car.

What should I do?:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

:scratchchin Is it necessary to repaint the all area because of this scratch or just leave it?

I mean how much approximately the cost to repair this scratch.:happyhapp

:wavey:waveyThank you for your time and your advice to me :wavey:wavey
If it were my car I'd dab a little bit of clear rust inhibitor on it to make sure it doesn't rust and then I'd leave it. A body shop would charge you at least $700 to fix that and you could pay up to $1200

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
oh man... that really sucks... looks like more than a scratch to me.... looks a dent there too... unfortunately that is gunna cost alot for the amount of area that needs to be fixed.

I would suspect around $500 to fix that up on the conservative end....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If it were my car I'd dab a little bit of clear rust inhibitor on it to make sure it doesn't rust and then I'd leave it. A body shop would charge you at least $700 to fix that and you could pay up to $1200
1200... no way, really?

i thought my 500 estimate was a good rounded number.... i got a quarter panel ding fixed on my old Audi for 700 and it was a huge dent and needed metallic paint to boot.... either shops here are really cheap here or really expensive where you live!!

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
That looks more like a dent. You might want to try that dent removal service like what Stl used

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are right this is a dent not a scratch.

I hate it very much when such thengs happends.

Anyway I will get a qutation of reparing this dent from my local ford dealer.

Thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a similar situation on my '98... a company out of Tampa called "Dentmaster" fixed it with no painting... simply rolled it out from behind. It only cost me $25, but my wife worked for the dealership. I would imagine $200 or so if the dent was not through the clearcoat or the metal was not creased. Then you've got a $600 or so problem. If you have kids, I'd keep them out of the garage.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had a similar situation on my '98... a company out of Tampa called "Dentmaster" fixed it with no painting... simply rolled it out from behind. It only cost me $25, but my wife worked for the dealership. I would imagine $200 or so if the dent was not through the clearcoat or the metal was not creased. Then you've got a $600 or so problem. If you have kids, I'd keep them out of the garage.
That may indeed be a kid dent but it looks exactly like the one I got at Wally World from a runaway grocery cart only mine is in front of the wheel opening.
That sucks which ever it is and I wish you luck getting it fixed.
There is nobody in this hick town I live in that I would trust to do body work on my baby so I have to wait till I can do without her for 3 or 4 days while she gets repaired.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That looks very similar to something I had gotten from a parking lot. Paintless dent guy in my town quoted me 25 bucks. I would check with one around you before I went to any body shop. They can make that look like it never happened. Body shop quoted me over 500. I need to go back to him, I've had a couple more little spots show up. Very inexpensive and if the guy is good makes it look like it never happened.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.