Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just installed my sequential lights from american muscle on my 2002 Mustang GT and it was a breeze, took me about 20 mins with the plug and play kit. So i just went outside to check it out when it got dark out and it looks great but there is one thing I DONT LIKE...... I looked closely at the bulb and inside the bulb it lights up in TWO different spots....It kind of hard to see the difference when sequencing...

1. Is the actual STOPING part on the bulb that lights up when the lights are on.

2. Is the TURN/HAZARD part that blinks when in use.

My question is is there anyway to REPLACE the bulbs with another set of bulb that are just ONE part that lights up instead of TWO. I think this would help show the difference in between the sequential and just the regular light being on. I KNOW hard to explain but you have a set on your car or are clever enough to understand you would understand my frustration.

PS: the reverse bulb is just one part that lights up and i think it might fit.. WILL IT WORK???? OR IS IT THE WRONG WATTS???? OR JUST A BAD IDEA ???????

lets get some opinions on this.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I've got the sequential tail lights on my 02 GT, and I have never paid any attention to what you're trying to say. I just think they look cool, plus I can't see them anyway :gringreen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Looks good and if you like them that's great, But I am not fan personally, to each his own and their tastes :yup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree, I do not like the way they look on your GT. I have a set that I have not yet istalled on my 02 GT. Will try this weekend and get back to you if it is any different. If you find a solution please re-post.

OK, I just installed my kit and it looks the same as yours. Here is my take, the entire tail light assembly is one big unit, each light is not segmented from the other. If you look at the newer style light in the video there are back up lights between each tail light. This would contain the light from each bulb in its own compartment. On our years it allows the light from one bulb to reflect into the other bulbs area and it is not as clean. Unfortunatly it is the nature of the beast. As far as changing bulbs to a single filament type would not work as there would be no difference from tail lights to brake lights.

Just my take.

·
Registered
15 Posts
now CLIFISH do you think they single filament would get brighter when the brake lights come on? or just stay the same. i think that i might still try it and post a video of what happens.

i TOOK off the sequential wiring harness and returned it! it was pure junk and started messing up after a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts