Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been several times recently when I pull up to a stop light and have the brake on, that the car will shake more than normal. If I put it into park, the problem will go away. Any thoughts? Could it be a bad tank of gas??

·
Registered
377 Posts
i sometimes get that too. i was also in the friend's 1986 gt and it started idling/shaking at the red light.

·
Registered
377 Posts
i found that cleaning the IAC valve with throttle body & intake cleaner fixes it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found that cleaning the IAC valve with throttle body & intake cleaner fixes it.
Ive started to get used to it now, but if it gets worse I may give it a shot thanks

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Since your car is an automatic you have to realize your engine is under load when stopped vs. in neutral. Your rpms should be adjusted such that they are the same in gear vs. neutral. Are your rpms dropping when stopped in gear? If so take it back to the dealership and have this resolved. It's a simple adjustment to the on board computer.

Could also be a dirty throttle body as noted above. But could also be dirty injectors. Since you have a new car this could be the result of bad gas. Throw in some injector cleaner and burn off the full tank of gas a low as possible (preferably at highway speeds). Then get a good tier 1 gas like Shell, Chevron, or Phillips 66. See if that solves it.

If it persists and it's bad enough (you be the judge) then have the dealership look at it. You really shouldn't have much rough idling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.