Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, the add for the trade of a Shelby-style hood for your stock hood is still running in the Inland Empire edition of Craigslist. I balked at doing it earlier but am starting to think I would really like it. Here is the ad:

2005-2009 MUSTANG GT SHELBY HOODS TRADE FOR YOUR LX HOOD

I am probably going to give them a call this coming week and make an appointment. If I go through with it, will provide you all with a report and accompanying pictures. In my case, I would get the black hood and either leave it that way or get it painted Windveil Blue down the line.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sounds too freaking good to be true. I might pull the plug if I had the cash to repaint and I lived in CA. :laugh:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ha...Ive been there and believe me its real. A couple of things you should know:
a. The hoods are OEM as I saw the guy take it out of an official Ford box.
b. They installed the hood in less then 10 minutes.
c. Unless you plan on doing the full conversion, do NOT do it. I had them install it on my car and it did not look that good as there is a gap between the hood lip and the grill.

I went there and had them install the hood...I know it was a jerk thing for me to do, but I backed out and asked for my old hood back. Fast forward to about 30 minutes later, the guy that installed the hood took off for the day and left me with the Shelby hood. I had to hound another mech. to install my old one.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the thing that puzzles me. The infamous grille gap. Is this something that only a perfectionist would be bothered by or is it something that even the average Joe would say is unacceptable. When someone published this infomation a couple of months ago, they had the hood installed and seemed very happy although they did acknowledge the "gap". If you're looking straight at the hood from the front is it noticeable? Those are questions I guess we can only answer for ourselves. I will at least give it a looksee and tell the guy, just to be fair, that I will pay him 20.00 if he needs to de-install after installation. That should be enough for 20 minutes work.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The Craig's list ad shows a picture of the GT500 hood, not a Shelby GT, which may explain the reason it doesn't fit your 2005-2009 GT or V6. The Shelby GT hood has only one scoop, not the extra-special hood they are showing. I'm not even sure the hood on the car depicted is a GT500 hood. Maybe a KR or Super Snake?

This is what a GT500 hood looks like; and a Shelby GT hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
What's the benefit to the seller...or well...trader?

Something seems fishy?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The Craig's list ad shows a picture of the GT500 hood, not a Shelby GT, which may explain the reason it doesn't fit your 2005-2009 GT or V6. The Shelby GT hood has only one scoop, not the extra-special hood they are showing. I'm not even sure the hood on the car depicted is a GT500 hood. Maybe a KR or Super Snake?

This is what a GT500 hood looks like; and a Shelby GT hood.
I'm pretty sure the KR and Super Snake have the same hood, and that's the one they show. The hood you get isn't what the pic shows

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This looks to be the same hood as in the Craigslist ad.

07-09 SHELBY GT500 HOOD OEM NEW PULLOFF MANY COLORS | eBay

I also found another ad for the same style hood at another site, sdmustangaccessories.com, described as: "
Replace your plain Mustang GT hood with this aggressive looking Ford Racing Shelby GT500 Hood. Also works great with Mustangs running a supercharger that need the extra clearance. Features: Original equipment on 2007 Mustang GT500 Bolts to stock hood hinges and uses stock hood latch Includes two hood grill inserts Fits 2005-07 Mustang GT when used with 2007 SVT Mustang Cobra fascia. Front edge of Cobra hood interferes with stock GT fascia. Must be fitted and painted to match color of car Item"

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
365 Posts
tHAT AD IS NOT FAKE This is true!!! If its mir a loma ontario area I traded mine fir a gt500 hood like 2 months ago! It has real ford stickers and prints haha I thought I was going to get jumped when I got there but it's legit. Take advantage guys it totally looks like a fake but I swear it isn't

Get one :bigthumbsup
2007 V6 Mustang Pictures - 2007 V6 Mustang Photos - Mustang Picture Gallery - AllFordMustangs.com
And for the infamous hood gap, yeah it's noticeable when you angle with the car, but it didn't bug me enough to pass up a $700 hood that was already painted!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sounds legit enough for me. If im out in Cali over summer I might just get one.

Does anybody have a picture of the hood gap? I wanna see how bad it is or isnt, thanks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
tHAT AD IS NOT FAKE This is true!!! If its mir a loma ontario area I traded mine fir a gt500 hood like 2 months ago! It has real ford stickers and prints haha I thought I was going to get jumped when I got there but it's legit. Take advantage guys it totally looks like a fake but I swear it isn't

Get one :bigthumbsup
2007 V6 Mustang Pictures - 2007 V6 Mustang Photos - Mustang Picture Gallery - AllFordMustangs.com
And for the infamous hood gap, yeah it's noticeable when you angle with the car, but it didn't bug me enough to pass up a $700 hood that was already painted!
Aren't you the guy who's trying to sell said GT500 hood now? And you got it for free? I'll give ya $50 for it and my hold hood. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts