Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so today i finally got my Tuner, Airaid CAI, and my Smoked taillight covers, i didn't install any of these yet but i noticed that the 3M tape is very noticeable when the lights turn on and it looks very crapy/ghetto, Anyone knows how to fix that? it really bothers me that it doesn't look clean. Thanks :)

These are the covers by the way!
Mustang Smoked Taillight Covers (10-12) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
My covers are held on by Velcro on the top surface black plastic edge ...not noticable

·
Banned
163 Posts
I have the exact same issue with mine, lol. I've been meaning to fix it. It bothers me so much! :ahhhhh

I don't think you can take the 3M tape off and put it back on, it will lose it's "hold".

I would go down to Walmart (*sigh*) or Hobby Lobby and buy ya some new 3M Velcro that is clear. If you can't find clear ones, get the regular and position the tape to where you won't be able to see it when it's darktime. I would probably put a few pieces at the top of the light and some at the bottom. Good luck, let me know what you find so I can do it! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
680 Posts
I used a blow drier to remove the tape and relocated it at the far edges. Looks much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts