Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get quarter window louvers for my stang (which more than likely I'll be getting sometime this week .. either monday wednesday or friday .. most likely wednesday FINALLY)

problem .. I have NO IDEA which ones I want

my favorite are the silver horse ones (SilverHorse Racing Flush-Mount Quarter Window Louvers 2005-09 Mustang - S197-300) but they seem like a pain in the ass to install and I don't really want to have to pay for installation on such a non-vital cosmetic mod

I'd much rather get something with 3M, measure it out, and stick it on

So I just wanted to see if I get get some people with quarter window louvers to post pictures of their car with the louver visible and just say which type it is?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Check my gallery. Ther are about 80 bucks unpainted. The use 3m tape. I like them as they match my rear louver.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
My car has the CDC's pics are in my gallery!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Street Scene Generation II. Fit just to the glass. Look really good IMHO.

Here's a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I had my GT, I had the Roush louvers on it. The paint color was perfect, and installed with 3M tape in less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Street Scene Generation II. Fit just to the glass. Look really good IMHO.

Here's a picture.
How difficult is it to clean the 1/4 windows with these installed? Looks like it could be a "pain" (I know....bad humor). I like these the best of the other tape on's...

·
Registered
833 Posts
How difficult is it to clean the 1/4 windows with these installed? Looks like it could be a "pain" (I know....bad humor). I like these the best of the other tape on's...
For me it's pretty easy because I don't drive in the rain, snow or gravel. I just spray in there at the car wash and it comes out clean. If your vehicle does get dirty it could be a pain in butt. I think Street Scene has removeable ones now as well. You tape on a bracket first. Gen IIIs maybe?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Get the silverhorse louvers, you'll be much happier with them and they are easy to install. Just make sure you get everything to do the install that they sell. The instructions are easy to read and understand.

Get it from them already painted, it'll cost you about the same to have someone else do them. I had mine painted by Bumper Doc and they painted the wrong side and looked like ****. I had to get them repainted.

Do the install yourself, make sure you tape off around the window to prevent scratching the paint and don't get the sealant on your car paint (its hard to get off). Once you put the louvers in place use tape to hold them in place.

I'll PM you my cell number if you have any questions.

Ed

·
Registered
588 Posts
That sounds like too much work for just louvers man. I guess it depends what you want to do. You gotta get the quarter window glass off , then if you dont do it right they may leak , and your stuck with those for a while because of all the work involved... I like easy I guess.

Get the silverhorse louvers, you'll be much happier with them and they are easy to install. Just make sure you get everything to do the install that they sell. The instructions are easy to read and understand.

Get it from them already painted, it'll cost you about the same to have someone else do them. I had mine painted by Bumper Doc and they painted the wrong side and looked like ****. I had to get them repainted.

Do the install yourself, make sure you tape off around the window to prevent scratching the paint and don't get the sealant on your car paint (its hard to get off). Once you put the louvers in place use tape to hold them in place.

Ed

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you want to go the cheap and easy route, then get the V-tech quarter window louvers, they just stick on with 3M tape. I installed them on my black mustang unpainted and they look great. I don't know how they would look on a different color mustang. Otherwise, if you want to spend the extra money on the silver horse ones, those look great also.

·
Registered
590 Posts

Ed
That sounds like too much work for just louvers man. I guess it depends what you want to do. You gotta get the quarter window glass off , then if you dont do it right they may leak , and your stuck with those for a while because of all the work involved... I like easy I guess.
I went through a bad time with them because they were paint on the wrong side. That's why I said to have SHR paint them. Don't go be what I said to make up your mind, but that's up to you.
They are easy to install and you will like them after the install.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sean:

Although the SH louvers are a pain in the arse to install, they are, in my opinion the best for your money. It costs an average of $100 to instal professionaly and well worth it. The install is about as complex as a front windshield replacement. I did mine differently and get a lot of compliments with the extra mod I did on my own. I put a small strip of LED lights and some aluminum mesh to kinda make them look like the 60's louvers. These are my take on the windows:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.