Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

some of you have a drift project with a SN95 V8 mustang?:headscratch:

I have a 1994 Mustang GT and I want to get a full adjustable drift coil over kit for it, I am trying to develop a drift project with my car and I already improve my LSD, the next step is to improve the suspension.

Can you please recomend me some suspension Brand or parts?

Thanks you

·
Registered
2 Posts
drift sn95

man no one is hitting you up on here.... the way to go is Griggs for suspenion parts if you have the money go with there super street starter kit if you can aford it best bang for the buck and it cant be beat when it comes to performance. but max motor stuff is good too, a little cheaper then griggs if your buying parts one at a time also a fan of upr stuff but if you buy the kit its cheaper then any other kit. and hit up this site it will help with your build Drift Fox's blog | Drift Mustang Project

here is some more to look at.........
Griggs Racing Products
UPRProducts.com

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
lol so tell me something... where can you go to learn to "drift" and not get huge fines for it??

·
Registered
653 Posts
good question

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol so tell me something... where can you go to learn to "drift" and not get huge fines for it??
jajaja, i live in the Dominican Republic and here we have a dominican drifters club that prepare event where you can go and learn how to drfit in a road course track or empty huge parking lots with safety and no fines :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
653 Posts
wish we could do that in the states without actually having to setup an organization.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can you please recomend me some suspension Brand or parts?
Start here
and here
and here...

That'll keep Ya busy for a while.

And for those people wanting to learn or drift in their local area, just Google for drifting forums/clubs/organizations in your area. They're just about everywhere now.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
I realize that it is considered common knowledge that drift cars need coilovers right off the bad (I think this is because of the ricers who LOVE coilovers) but you don’t need a very complex/adjustable suspension to go drifting.

A suspensions job it to control loads, that’s it. Loads increase and you transition from one load to another quicker and more often in a race situation. The faster you go the higher the loads and the faster the transitions. The thing is that the loads in drifting are very low and the transitions happen quickly but there is not much load during them. Because the tires are always unhooked they have very little load on them. You need traction to have load. The front doesn’t see much load either because you go sideways into the corner which prevents the front end from loading up much.

A good drift setup only needs to do a few things.
  • It needs to be able to transition quickly without the chassis needing time to settle down. Lowering the car and running higher rate linear springs as well as swaybars will allow you to transition smoothly because the suspension won’t be flying through its considerable stock travel. You want linear springs (not progressive) because they will be consistent through their travel which will translate into more feel and confidence. I would go with the Steeda Comps. Most of the available swaybars are similar so you almost can’t go wrong. What is important is that they are adjustable.
  • You need to set the car up so it oversteers like crazy. The best way to do this is by having adjustable swaybars. You can dial in as much oversteer as you want. This will allow you to get the rear unhooked easy and when it regains traction it will do it smoothly opposed to snapping back straight.
  • Adjustable shocks are nice to have but if you can’t spring for a set of good coilovers right away it doesn’t mean you can’t go drifting with what you have. As long as the shocks damping range is matched to the springs correctly you can just install them and get on with driving.
  • Lastly you want rear control arms. The control arms with the solid heim joints will give you the best performance but they are loud. At a minimum you want arms with urethane bushings or put urethane bushings in the OEM control arms and box in/weld them so they won’t twist and flex. It is very important that the rear end does not move around because of flex in the control arms. If things are flexing back there it makes transition very difficult.

That’s all I can come up with right now (3am).

If you can answer these questions and PM me them I can steer you into a more specific setup.
  • You are driving a New Edge Fox 2 chassis car correct? GT I assume?
  • Do you have aftermarket shocks/struts? What are they?
  • Do you have aftermarket springs? If so what are they?
  • Do you have swaybars? If so which ones.
  • What size are your rims (diameter/width)?
  • What is your suspension budget?

If money were no object I would be setting you up a lot different. I am trying to get you set up while not spending a fortune. You can always upgrade in the future when you get better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

If you can answer these questions and PM me them I can steer you into a more specific setup.
1. You are driving a New Edge Fox 2 chassis car correct? GT I assume?
2. Do you have aftermarket shocks/struts? What are they?
3. Do you have aftermarket springs? If so what are they?
4. Do you have swaybars? If so which ones.
5. What size are your rims (diameter/width)?
6. What is your suspension budget?

If money were no object I would be setting you up a lot different. I am trying to get you set up while not spending a fortune. You can always upgrade in the future when you get better.
thanks for the info Sqidd,

the answer to your questions above are:

1. I am not sure what you mean but I am driving a 1994 GT.
2, 3 and 4 question: below my suspension set up...
à KONI Sport single adjustment Struts/ Shocks
à KONI quadshocks.
à H&R RACE coils spring.
à URETHANE front and rear bushings
à URETHANE OFFSET Steering rack bushing
à STEEDA offset A Arm bushing
à STEEDA X2 ball joint
à MOOG camber bolts
à Aftermarket sub frame connectors.
à FORD RACING strut brace
à 27mm COBRA rear sway bar / OEM Front sway bar
à FORD RACING aluminum driveshaft
à 3.73:1 FORD RACING gears
à FORD RACING differential clutch pack & F-150 Spring.

5. 17" X 9"

6. I am done with the suspension for now (some of the parts above were installed recently), I was thinking in add some shocks strut brace and Maximum motorsport K member brace, but I have the suspension development in hold since i broke the engine.:weeps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts