Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 ford F-150 with a 5.0L 302 and was wondering what parts I could take from a 5.0 mustang and use on my truck for better performance. Like the intake manifold or heads.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
You could take the upper and lower intake, throttle body / egr spacer, and headers, , that's about it.

You have the same heads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would have to take the throttle body because on the f 150 it is dual throttle bodies. would there need to be any major modifications other then to switch the intakes in and out? would rewiring be easy and how about the computer?

·
Registered
223 Posts
If the truck has the 302,then why couldn't you just swap in the H.O. 302 and use the truck intake so you don't have to change the throttlecable.Can't you cange the computers also?Now this is hypothetical.I'm just wondering myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am wondering if i would have to change computers to make the switch work properly. on the mustang the upper intake faces left and on the f 150 the intake manifold faces right. i guess just turning the mustang manifold the opposite way would work. taking out the old air filter box and intake and putting a new single throttle body and a cold air intake to fit the mustangs manifold would be fine, right?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
What is the reasoning behind putting a HO 5.0 into a truck already having a 5.0?

If you just need to replace the motor then the long block would work, but you would have to change the cam out to work with the trucks electronics. The firing order is different between a truck 5.0 and an HO 5.0, the reason for changing the cam.

If you just want the mass-air of the HO 5.0, then just get the mass-air kit from Ford Racing for the truck.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
You can mount the intake manifold either left or right outlet.

The Mustang manifold is better than the truck manifold. :eyepoppin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.