Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I too succumbed to the 0% financing! My son will be getting his driver's license soon, and he needs a reliable car to drive to community college. So we gave our 13 year old car to some good friends and my son will now drive a V6 2006 Mustang. So now we have three S197 Mustangs! I can't believe it but my wife was cool with it too. My son passed the state driver's ed course with flying colors, and driving is pretty easy where we live. He is out in the driveway with the car right now, adjusting his my color and stereo. Ha ha. Now this car is in my wife's name, and it's our car but we're letting him drive it. It's a V6 automatic Tungsten Grey, and he loves the color, which is cool because he wasn't there when we picked out. Check it out below.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
WOW a little ovet the top but congrats to the kid, and nice stable thre

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wish my parents did something like that thats pretty sweet my parents wont even let me buy the one i want if i pay for it...but thats cool for you guys looks great hope he has fun with it...and the gray is pretty nice color!!!

N

·
0 Posts
lol...they better have your familys picture hangin up in that dealership!!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
TOO COOL! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
He doesn't have his licence yet and he gets to drive a new 'Stang? Hope the kid has a 4.0+ gpa and is.............sorry this is just wrong, his first car should be a little more of a beater. That's just me.................

·
Registered
785 Posts
ah "pumpdoc", many being silent agree with you.

"My son will be getting his driver's license soon, and he needs a reliable car to drive to community college". I would think a house might have been a better investment for he will need a place to live and real estate would more than likely appreciate.

I found out personally, you have to be careful what you post in these Forums.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I got my 2005 Mustang V6 before I had either my permit or license! I got it January '05. I got my permit June '05 and then my license June '06. From a first-hand view, it sure taught me a TON of responsibility and really made me grateful for all my parents do for me. You can ask any person I know "who takes care of their car more than anyone else?".. they'll all say me. I'm fanatical. It also taught me to be a better driver because I am much more cautious about little things that most kids with beaters arent.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm glad my 16 year old son doesn't read this forum :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Some kids are just lucky! I hope he takes care of it..

·
Registered
534 Posts
My dad surprised me when I was 17 with a yellow GT vert, but I also had to partially share it with my sister. It was really awesome but I was always somewhat disappointed that it was automatic and I probably would've chosen black instead of yellow but hey I wasn't going to complain about a brand new Mustang GT.. obviously, I cherished that car and it was always gleaming. It was also the fastest ride in school other than this other guys SVT Lightning and then another dude got an 03 Cobra later on. Damn.. it already seems like a long time ago now that I think about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VintageV8 said:
ah "pumpdoc", many being silent agree with you.

"My son will be getting his driver's license soon, and he needs a reliable car to drive to community college". I would think a house might have been a better investment for he will need a place to live and real estate would more than likely appreciate.

I found out personally, you have to be careful what you post in these Forums.
Hey guys, I'm from NY, so I'm a little more thick skinned than average! Say what you want! I know when you post something like this, of course you are going to get all kinds of responses. I too read the posts about the girl getting the GT500, too much power, the parents are idiots, yada yada yada. I agreed that the higher horsepower for a younger driver was not a good idea. It's kind of a traditional thing with me, in that my first car at 16 was a '65 straight 6cyl Mustang. Of course it was a lot older and cheaper then! And yes, his GPA is really high(he will be a junior in H.S., yet in college already-cool), and he will be an Eagle Scout soon, although neither of those were a requirement. But being responsible is. So far that has been the case with both my children. (I have an older daughter in college out of state). The car is not an investment(not many are), but will be a better mode of transport than the much older car we used to have, so I'm good with that(Don't know of any homes for $20K?). He knows he'll be paying any tickets, and if he gets a speeding ticket we have a Dodge Durango he'll drive for a while as he thinks about what he's done(he hates that thing!). Of course he really cares about the Mustang, and I think he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his use of it. I've already mentioned to him the bumper sticker you can put on your car that says, "How's my driving?" and gives a phone number for the parents! But so far I can't bring myself to slap a bumper sticker on the beautiful Mustang! We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm just glad I don't have a 16 year old :gringreen !

·
Registered
481 Posts
1970coupe said:
I wish my parents did something like that thats pretty sweet my parents wont even let me buy the one i want if i pay for it...but thats cool for you guys looks great hope he has fun with it...and the gray is pretty nice color!!!
Yea im 17, wish my parents would buy me a new mustang. Hell, last year for christmas all i asked for was for my parents to LET ME BUY a old 98 sixbanger mustang with MY MONEY. He won't even reliaze what he has... sorry, but i'm going to laugh when he wrecks it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
nice way to surprise your son, but how good is he exactly doin? coz if he's some kind of a nerd, then i think it's a bad idea, just the thought of a nerd lookin guy drivin a stang is way too funny, he would be the talk of campus thou lol
I agree with the guys, your first car should never be a stang. nice stable thou, congrats man.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HornyGT said:
nice way to surprise your son, but how good is he exactly doin? coz if he's some kind of a nerd, then i think it's a bad idea, just the thought of a nerd lookin guy drivin a stang is way too funny, he would be the talk of campus thou lol
I agree with the guys, your first car should never be a stang. nice stable thou, congrats man.
Is he a nerd? Ha ha that's funny. No, he actually looks pretty tough to me. The football and wrestling teams would take him, but he plays guitar in a most serious way, so he needs to preserve his fingers.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Well look at it this way, the back seat is so tight at least he won't bust his cherry in it.:bounce2:

·
Registered
481 Posts
pumpdoc said:
Well look at it this way, the back seat is so tight at least he won't bust his cherry in it.:bounce2:
Lol no comment:rolleyes:...

Hey that was one hell of a place 2 do it for the first time, in the back of a mustang :gringreen

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hopefully he or she wont be another statistic!!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a 15 year old girl and I've been talking to her about getting her a Focus. (I've been researching used SVTs :hihi: ). What does she say about it? She doesn't want her own car. She says when she needs one she'll drive her mother's Mountaineer. Most likely she thinks we'll foot the bills for gas and insurance whereas with her own she'd have to spend some of the wardrobe money on the car. About the purchase here - nice ride. A sixer makes perfect sense for him. He sounds like a responsible young man and he appreciates what you did. You also won't have to worry about him being stranded somewhere by some beater.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts