Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Great first car....but be warned...kids at school will tease him "it's not a V8" evem though they're taking the busto school lol.

MY first car you guys would have killed my parents...twas a 65' Fairlane500 me and my pops built as our "bonding time" he did it with my 4 brothers also with glass packs and headers...talk about L O U D :eyepoppin we got to pick a POS car when we were 13-14 and buid it up to how we wanted it. still got it back home...also had a 88 Merc for the winter days :gringreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
pumpdoc said:
Well look at it this way, the back seat is so tight at least he won't bust his cherry in it.:bounce2:
lol not true.. I've visited the backseat on several occasions... it's not too bad actually, better than previous mustangs, thats for sure. With the front seats all the way forward it's actually not a bad place to be.....depending on who you're with :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
remy78 said:
Great first car....but be warned...kids at school will tease him "it's not a V8" evem though they're taking the busto school lol.

MY first car you guys would have killed my parents...twas a 65' Fairlane500 me and my pops built as our "bonding time" he did it with my 4 brothers also with glass packs and headers...talk about L O U D :eyepoppin we got to pick a POS car when we were 13-14 and buid it up to how we wanted it. still got it back home...also had a 88 Merc for the winter days :gringreen
Actually most people here where I live outside of the metro Seattle area are in love with trucks, and jacked up ones! So even if it were a V8 they are still gonna say it's not a truck. My son is just happy to not have to drive a truck. Nothing wrong with them, we just like Mustangs. Due in part to my son's great guitar playing(and he's a nice guy), he is well respected among his peers and teachers(Everybody plays guitar here I guess. There's even a high school class for it). Oh, sorry if this is turning into a shrine to my son! Okay, here's a picture of him with his new baby(oops, his mother's car!).
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
iplaydat said:
Actually most people here where I live outside of the metro Seattle area are in love with trucks, and jacked up ones! So even if it were a V8 they are still gonna say it's not a truck. My son is just happy to not have to drive a truck. Nothing wrong with them, we just like Mustangs. Due in part to my son's great guitar playing(and he's a nice guy), he is well respected among his peers and teachers(Everybody plays guitar here I guess. There's even a high school class for it). Oh, sorry if this is turning into a shrine to my son! Okay, here's a picture of him with his new baby(oops, his mother's car!).

I hear v8 trash talk at least once a week :rolleyes: My buddies all drive mustangs. GT (modded, lowered, 4.10s), GT (supercharged), 07 GT, Bullit, Mach 1, then my sixbanger pulls up and parks next to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
iplaydat said:
Actually most people here where I live outside of the metro Seattle area are in love with trucks, and jacked up ones! So even if it were a V8 they are still gonna say it's not a truck. My son is just happy to not have to drive a truck. Nothing wrong with them, we just like Mustangs. Due in part to my son's great guitar playing(and he's a nice guy), he is well respected among his peers and teachers(Everybody plays guitar here I guess. There's even a high school class for it). Oh, sorry if this is turning into a shrine to my son! Okay, here's a picture of him with his new baby(oops, his mother's car!).
So.....what you gettin him for his first mod!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
remy78 said:
Great first car....but be warned...kids at school will tease him "it's not a V8" evem though they're taking the busto school lol.

MY first car you guys would have killed my parents...twas a 65' Fairlane500 me and my pops built as our "bonding time" he did it with my 4 brothers also with glass packs and headers...talk about L O U D :eyepoppin we got to pick a POS car when we were 13-14 and buid it up to how we wanted it. still got it back home...also had a 88 Merc for the winter days :gringreen
haha I'm that kid, but I have a v8 so I got rights.

Anyway I like your red one, lookin nice haha if I were your son I'd be jealous :D

and props to the guy said never make a stang your first car lol.. i'm a prime example.. 02 gt my first one.. now an 06 gt.. 6 tickets later

whoops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Good for him. :)

I do say that I am jealous, heh My dream since I was 7 years old and sat in our friend Todd's mid 90's cobra, Ive wanted a stang. I pleaded since I was 13 till 16 for a v6, and it was no go.

In retrospect, now 17, closing in on 18, Im glad for my parents making me pay for my 1995 Camry. Good car, good gas mileage. And low insurance. It really made me appretiate it and be careful as the car is in my name, insurance is in my name, and any other misc expenses are my responsibility.

The lesson they taught me is simple, you want something, you earn every bit of it.

The day I got my car, my dad tought me how to wax, buff and polish. During the week he showed me how to do my oil, and when I needed my filters replaced, he got me a Haynes manual.

I know Im a youngster myself, but make sure to teach him how to take care of his mustang. If I started to let mine go, he took my keys. This made sure I always kept it clean and maintained.

Hah, I dont know what he would have done to me if I would have wrecked it. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
ryanmartini said:
Good for him. :)

I do say that I am jealous, heh My dream since I was 7 years old and sat in our friend Todd's mid 90's cobra, Ive wanted a stang. I pleaded since I was 13 till 16 for a v6, and it was no go.

In retrospect, now 17, closing in on 18, Im glad for my parents making me pay for my 1995 Camry. Good car, good gas mileage. And low insurance. It really made me appretiate it and be careful as the car is in my name, insurance is in my name, and any other misc expenses are my responsibility.

The lesson they taught me is simple, you want something, you earn every bit of it.

The day I got my car, my dad tought me how to wax, buff and polish. During the week he showed me how to do my oil, and when I needed my filters replaced, he got me a Haynes manual.

I know Im a youngster myself, but make sure to teach him how to take care of his mustang. If I started to let mine go, he took my keys. This made sure I always kept it clean and maintained.

Hah, I dont know what he would have done to me if I would have wrecked it. :p
Thanks for the tips. My son knows how to take of stuff, believe me. For example, he always washes his hands before he plays his guitars, and then he polishes them after he's done! The other day he wanted me to take off my shoes as I got in his car, 'cause it started to rain! Ha ha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
Great choice as a first car...V6 is just enough power to have fun but not over the top like the GT500...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
CrzyHorse said:
Great choice as a first car...V6 is just enough power to have fun but not over the top like the GT500...
EXACTLY my thought CrzyHorse. Later in a few years, he can pay for a supercharger if he wants to make it as fast as a stock GT(or faster, I've heard).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
iplaydat said:
Thanks for the tips. My son knows how to take of stuff, believe me. For example, he always washes his hands before he plays his guitars, and then he polishes them after he's done! The other day he wanted me to take off my shoes as I got in his car, 'cause it started to rain! Ha ha.
If you think hes nuts about it now, tell him to check out

www.autopia.org forums.
 
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Top