Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see pony package and premium used when describing V6 Mustangs. I tried googling it, but couldn't word it right to get a definition of each one. Instead it kept trying to sell me haha...but what are these different types? I bought mine used from someone and had no idea that there were different types. How would I be able to tell what I have? :confused:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in, but here is a start.

The Premium package included things
Traction Control
ABS
Full instrumentation dash (Water temp, battery, fuel & oil pressure as opposed to just fuel and temp)
MyColor dash
There is also interior trim enhancements (chrome like trim surrounds on the vents and aluminum on the dash)
Not sure if leather is included ot if that's seperate

Pony Package is mostly an exterior appearance package that includes the smaller foglights and the GT Bullitt style wheels, although I believe the suspension is slightly upgraded with the GT springs and sways.

Not sure if the Premium package is a requirement for the Pony package.

I have seen GTs that did not have the Premium package, and only hade the base gauge cluster.

I have a Premium, that didn't come with the Pony Package.
My car has ABS, Traction Control, Leather, full gauge instrument cluster, MyColor guages, and the upgraded interior trim that has the chrome plastic around the vents and the brushed aluminum look on the dash.

I have since added a GT style grille with the larger fog lights.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The answer was right under our nose.

2006 Ford Mustang Overview - Ford Mustang News

V-6 Standard: One-touch up/down power windows, power mirrors and door locks, keyless entry, air conditioning, CD player, tilt steering wheel, speed control, rear window defroster, stainless steel exhaust, 16-inch wheels, four-wheel power disc brakes, split-folding rear seat on Coupe models.
V-6 Deluxe adds: 16-inch machined-face aluminum wheels.
V-6 Premium adds: 16-inch painted bright machined aluminum wheels with chrome spinner, Shaker 500 audio system with six-disc CD changer and MP3 capability, six-way power adjustable driver seat.
GT Deluxe adds: 4.6-liter 3-valve V-8 engine, ABS with traction control, stainless steel dual exhaust, front fog lamps in grille, complex reflector halogen headlamps with integral turn signals, rear spoiler, performance tires with 17-inch painted cast aluminum wheels, AM/FM stereo with single CD, cloth sport bucket seats and tilt steering wheel.
GT Premium adds: Shaker 500 Audio system with six-disc CD player and Aberdeen leather-trimmed embossed sport bucket seats.
Options include the V-6 Pony Package, seat-mounted side air bags, interior upgrade package with satin aluminum trim or, later in the model year, dark aluminum trim; MyColor custom instrument panel, interior color accent package with black interior and red seats and door inserts, five-speed automatic transmission, two styles of 18-inch cast-aluminum wheels (later in the model year on GT only), Active-Theft System.

Options include the V-6 Pony Package, seat-mounted side air bags, interior upgrade package with satin aluminum trim or, later in the model year, dark aluminum trim; MyColor custom instrument panel, interior color accent package with black interior and red seats and door inserts, five-speed automatic transmission, two styles of 18-inch cast-aluminum wheels (later in the model year on GT only), Active-Theft System.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thanks. That's a lot of info. I'm figuring I got the premium. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
457 Posts
What is the Mycolor your talking about? My wife has a '03 with what sounds like the premimum package you mentioned.

Oops! Never mind. Sounds more like I have this package. Lol! Still would like to know what Mycolor is.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Mycolor is the dash that lets you change the colors.

For example, we have our dash purple when the lights are on. And by purple, I mean the text etc is purple.

Here is a video I found showing some of the color choices. You can also create your own color by changing actual values within the menu.

YouTube - ‪2008 Mustang GT MyColor Option‬‏

~Mark

·
Registered
332 Posts
What is the Mycolor your talking about? My wife has a '03 with what sounds like the premimum package you mentioned.

Oops! Never mind. Sounds more like I have this package. Lol! Still would like to know what Mycolor is.
Description of MyTouch from that same article.

Inside, the industry-first, color-configurable instrument panel offers the ultimate in personalization. Mustang owners can mix and match lighting at the touch of a button to create more than 125 different color backgrounds to suit their personality, mood, outfit or whim.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Mycolor is the dash that lets you change the colors.

For example, we have our dash purple when the lights are on. And by purple, I mean the text etc is purple.

Here is a video I found showing some of the color choices. You can also create your own color by changing actual values within the menu.

YouTube - ‪2008 Mustang GT MyColor Option‬‏

~Mark
Thats awsome! I'm guessing the '99-'04's didn't come with that option. Better not let my Wife see this or I'll be buying a newer one, lol! Thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I actually tailored mine so that it matches the Windveil Blue color of the car.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
The answer was right under our nose.

2006 Ford Mustang Overview - Ford Mustang News

V-6 Standard: One-touch up/down power windows, power mirrors and door locks, keyless entry, air conditioning, CD player, tilt steering wheel, speed control, rear window defroster, stainless steel exhaust, 16-inch wheels, four-wheel power disc brakes, split-folding rear seat on Coupe models.
hey this is good news for me. i thought i had the the basic or base model which i guess is really the standard, but my window sticker says i have the "deluxe", so its upgraded from the strandard, whoopee, although the wheels are gone now, and i guess that was the only difference. but it does list a bunch of other stuff as standard equip included at no extra charge ( kinda silly stuff)

*all the above mentioned
*variable interval wipers
*center console w/armrest
*dual vanity mirrors
*power rack/pinion steering
*power points (2)
*frt/rear outboard 3 point shoulder/lap belts
*securilock

pretty dull for options, but thats ok, i added some stuff :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's not entirely accurate. My 06 Pony Package has standard 120 mph gauge cluster and no MyColor and only 17 inch Bullitt wheels.

The upgraded suspension is "GT Inspired" insofar as it is a thinner anti-sway bar.

·
Registered
109 Posts
From the sales brochure for the 2006 mustang...

The Pony package and interior upgrade package (which has myColor) are seperate packages.

I don't know if you could order the myColor outside of the IUP.

edit: in case anyone wanted to see the rest of the brochure.. I Found it here.
Ford 2006 Mustang Sales Brochure

~Mark

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
That's not entirely accurate. My 06 Pony Package has standard 120 mph gauge cluster and no MyColor and only 17 inch Bullitt wheels.

The upgraded suspension is "GT Inspired" insofar as it is a thinner anti-sway bar.
That is correct. And to my knowledge it still uses the V6 springs. I think it has GT shocks and struts but I'm not sure

·
Registered
332 Posts

Actually the gauge cluster is 140mph and has nothing to do with MyColor. In addition to the customizable colors, the MyColor dash features full intrumentation (temp, fuel, oil pressure, charging) in addition to the speedo and tach. The base gauge cluster has the speedo, tach, fuel and temp gauges only.

·
Registered
2009 45th Anniversary Pony Package manual, all FRPP mods
101 Posts
Actually the gauge cluster is 140mph and has nothing to do with MyColor. In addition to the customizable colors, the MyColor dash features full intrumentation (temp, fuel, oil pressure, charging) in addition to the speedo and tach. The base gauge cluster has the speedo, tach, fuel and temp gauges only.
My '06 Torch Red Pony Package has 120 MPH Speedo and full instrumentation (temp, fuel, oil press, charging) with tach. I also have the MyColor and Infocenter. Mine came with the darker gun metal color Bullitt wheels with tri bar spinners, also.

Mike B

·
Registered
332 Posts
My '06 Torch Red Pony Package has 120 MPH Speedo and full instrumentation (temp, fuel, oil press, charging) with tach. I also have the MyColor and Infocenter. Mine came with the darker gun metal color Bullitt wheels with tri bar spinners, also.

Mike B

I stand corrected. You are right. I don't know why I thought that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts