Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now I have a 1994 Mustang GT 5.0 I really lke the 05+ mustangs but dont know if i should get GT or not? I heard with small suspension mods that the V6 could out handel the GT. But all i really care about is axcellaration. but i like the sounds of the V8's im torn. if you guys could tell me the advantages to ur cars maybe it will help me out. :headscratch:

thanks

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
The GT is obviously faster than the V6 stock for stock and has a nice deep growl stock and responds well to mods but so does the V6. adding some duals and a mid pipe it will growl nice and deeply for you and is pretty darn quick.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I agree with Hot Shot. Think about it,though. I had my GT for about 1 month before I wanted "Faster".

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yeah, but if u mod the V6 engine it could beat a stock GT. You could play those games all day. Why would you call it a fair comparison when you mod one, and say it could outhandle the other...

If you wanna be fair, add suspension mods to both, they'll handle roughly the same in the corners, but the GT will take over in the straights.

Advantages?
Well the pluses about the V6 are gas mileage, and insurance. There is such slight differences its almost negligable. I get 24/25mpg(not sure if the V6's get much more), and my insurance didn't change all that much when I upgraded to a GT from a V6('01), of course I don't have any marks on my insurance, so I can't speak for everyone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, but if u mod the V6 engine it could beat a stock GT. You could play those games all day. Why would you call it a fair comparison when you mod one, and say it could outhandle the other...

If you wanna be fair, add suspension mods to both, they'll handle roughly the same in the corners, but the GT will take over in the straights.

Why get a V6, spend more on mods, just to get you to a V8-level performance, when for the same money by the time you're done, you can have the V8? D'ohhh! I coulda had a V8! (get it?) :laugh: That's one thing I haven't understood about the V6ers here. :headscratch: And, I'll bet down the road a V8 will hold its resale much better, percentage-wise.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had a 05 V6. Traded it for a 06 GT. I liked my 05 a lot. I love my 06 GT. Get the GT add a CAI and tune and have a blast.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why get a V6, spend more on mods, just to get you to a V8-level performance, when for the same money by the time you're done, you can have the V8? D'ohhh! I coulda had a V8! (get it?) :laugh: That's one thing I haven't understood about the V6ers here. :headscratch: And, I'll bet down the road a V8 will hold its resale much better, percentage-wise.
It was a cost issue, I can't change it now. I traded in a 04 v6 for an 06 v6 cuz the dealers kept telling me I wasn't approved for the gt. I was also stupid and needed the car NOW. I work on a real tight budget right now as well so the amount of driving I do I get from 500 to 600km per tank. Fill up once a week give or take a day or 2. If I had a v8 I would be too broke to drive it. If your trying to pick between the two I would even say if you can afford a gt get a gt. Do it right the first time, I am going to have to put in a lot of cash to get up to your 300 hp stock. You can spend the same and get up to 400+

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Ha, nice one!

That's true though, you can't get rid of that fact that you will need to put at least another 5k in the V6 to compete with the GT, and at that point why didnt you get the GT in the first place.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the V6. I got it because it was cheaper, gets better gas mileage, the insurance was cheaper, and my wife would have killed me if I spent more for the GT. I love the car- it is fun to drive, looks great, and gets decent mileage. Would I trade it for a GT if money were not a factor? Yes.

D

·
0 Posts
Get a Gt !! And if you got the money GT500... well i wouldnt go that far. the 500 is way overpriced get a Gt throw some mods on it and have a ball

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
If u want accel, get the GT... the v6 is not bad for a DD neither is the GT but from the looks of it, you want performance.. and why settle for a less powerful car and only spend money to make it just as fast?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
The V6 is practical and a nice stang for the money but the GT is downright just fun to drive and you got to listen to the that rumble, heads will turn!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
No matter what you do to the V6 you will all ways think in the back of your mind if I only had a GT.

It takes ALOT of mods for a V6 to beat a GT. Its going to either take Nitrous or FI. Now you bolt on a 6k Supercharger and change out your rear suspension and beat your buddys GT. The next day he just buys a couple bolt ons and smokes your car.

Thats the difference. The only way I would ever encourage any one to buy a V6 if they wanted any type of performance out of there car is if they are an auto shop and wanted to just prove some thing. Other then that you will be more happy with the V8 then with the V6.

If you are on the same level as some of us you will just be driven crazy if you bought the V6. If I had the chance to buy a GT500 back in 05 I would of but they were non existent because it would of been the best thing to buy even though it was more money for what I wanted out of a car.

If you want a 300+ HP car get that car because even though its more money its what your going to be happy with. Both cars are expensive so buy what you want not what you will settle for. If you cant afford it right now then save more money. It will be worth it in the long run.

My friend bought an 05 V6 and traded it in for a V8 3 months later and ended up being in the HOLE with allot of money for the trade out. to him it was worth it because he was not happy with the V6.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have the V6. I got it because it was cheaper, gets better gas mileage, the insurance was cheaper, and my wife would have killed me if I spent more for the GT. I love the car- it is fun to drive, looks great, and gets decent mileage. Would I trade it for a GT if money were not a factor? Yes.
I think this is the best explanation. If the extra couple thousand won't make you have to eat grilled cheese for 5 years, then get the GT. Modding the 6 to get to the level of the 8 will probably cost just as much as it would have to get the 8 in the first place. Plus the V6 front fascia is horrible (sorry V6 owners).

At the end of the day, get what you want as long as it fits what you can do.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
the GT just comes but a lot better parts than simply a bigger and more powerful engine. the ride is a lot smoother. go on the ford website and check out the differences such as the suspension among other things.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Go with the GT. That way you won't have regrets and wonder "what if." Of course, I may be somewhat biased.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If youre going to mod it a lot, IMO, get a GT, like tact out has said in previous threads, the GT is a great base car for a project. if its just a regular car to you adn youre not that interested in being diagnosed with the mod bug then go v6. But also, like stl said, get the one you want ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
another +1 on the GT. I bought an 05 v6 and 6 months later traded for a GT. Much happier. To each their own. Just wish I had gotten the Automatic. City driving sux. M/T is fun though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.