Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much Horsepower could I expect to gain with Shorty Headers,Flowmaster dual exaust,SCT tuner and a BBK coldair intake.

·
Registered
484 Posts
ill ball park 30 at crank?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah you wont gain, a whole lot, but it will be noticeable. If you wanna be faster then you could always swap the gears out for some 3.73's or 4.10's. That along with those upgrades you mentioned would make for a quick little car.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I would say about 25-30 extra hp

·
Registered
6 Posts
As long as you're getting a tuner, you should get an C&L or JLT intake, you'll probably see more of a gain.

G

·
Cai + Tune + Exhaust is the standard starting point for mods. It's largely considered a 30 hp increase, as said already.

FYI, though, the shorty headers and dual exhaust are going to net you roughly 0 hp beyond what a single axel-back would get you. Certainly no where near enough to justify their price.

I think you would be much better served spending that money on a T-Lok or gears, assuming performance is your goal. I imagine replacing your entire exhaust system with shiny new duals would look nice, though. So if you prefer that, have at it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
484 Posts
you sure the true duals on a V6 wouldnt add any HP? i mean thats ALOT less restriction? right? and better flow?

u think there would be sum?

·
Registered
295 Posts
It does add some. Rake was saying that you could prolly get almost the same increase from a single outlet exhaust upgrade. Depends on your future plans for the car. Duals add a bit of power, make it look better, and sound better IMHO.

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
the shorties have proven to add a few h.p., and its a great under the hood look too. it all adds up to better performance. :bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.