Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this picture of these great looking mustang rims. In my opnion they look fantastic. The thing is i do not think they are the stock ones that come on the V6 mustang. They look like they are a few inches biger and with more chrome or somthing. Please help me figure this out.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
They will fit if you have a v6 but the ones no my car look better in 18's i you want my look. Look at my profile, I have a 99 but the rims are spaced for a 05 and up.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I do not think so but ford is going out on freebie options to get sales up. Hey if you like them crap on what I say it doesn't matter what anybody thinks if you like them smoke up with not regrets.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have any idea what the specs are like rim size extra chrome or anything like that?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Look at the wheel size on the tire like 235\45\17 and that will tell u the size in inches. Usually 7-9 in in width or u can measure it. 18in rims will fit fine just look one ebay and u can find your rims and see options for you car. Also go on www.tirerack.com they have the spec's on rims on your car.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Those look similar to the stock 16s, where did you find them?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think they're stockers..16X8 I think.they were part of an appearance package offered in '05(and '06?).Plain Janes were painted silver,these had a darker paint and were polished/machined on the outer surface. Good looking wheel.

I've seen some aftermarket about like them in 17 and 18 inch,but can't remember where

·
Registered
533 Posts
The wheel Blnpony linked to is a replica of the original that Ford used as a "model"(for lack of better term) for the wheels Stangsucker asked about-the Halibrand that Carrol Shelby put on the 427 Cobras.Also,did you know that the popular "Bullitt" wheels Ford's been putting on the Mustang for the last several years is "modeled" after the American Racing Torque Thrust D wheel? Now called the Bullitt wheel because they were on the car Steve McQueen drove in the movie "Bullitt" and then the '01 Bullitt Mustang was styled after THAT car
In both cases,if you look closely,neither wheel is exactly like the original,but close enough for most folks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts