Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Roush Mustang team won the Grand Am showroom stock race at Watkins Glen for the 2nd time this season. The fleet of M3s and the Camaro SS teams all could not hang. For those of you that don't follow showroom stock racing over the course of the season Grand Am tries to keep the competition level by giving advantages to the losing cars. The Camaros have been receiving these advantages due to getting their butts handed to them by the Mustangs and M3s. Once again this week it didn't matter the Mustang still won! HA!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
719 Posts
To add on to that, both the BMW E92's and the Ford Mustang BOSS 302R's have restrictor plates on them as of a couple races ago because they were so far ahead of the others in races.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To add on to that, both the BMW E92's and the Ford Mustang BOSS 302R's have restrictor plates on them as of a couple races ago because they were so far ahead of the others in races.
Yes, that's what I meant by giving the losing cars "advantages". I wasn't sure everyone would understand "restrictor plates", but I'm sure everyone understands advantages.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Even if they gave everyone a 10 second head start, the Mustang would still take the lead. You can't deny the awesome-ness of the Mustang! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
kick ass! feels great being a Mustang owner these days

J

·
0 Posts
pissed me off that they switched to F1 post race in the middle of the race.
Nice race though, my other favorite team Compass 360 has had their NA 2.0 liter cars restricted against their turbo'd competitors and its hurt them but it says a lot for what a potent car they have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.