Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an 02 GT that is relatively stock, but am in love with the look of the 00 Cobra R:worship . Now I know I can get all the parts to replicate the look, but without the performance, will I be considered an outcast, or will the car be accepted in the realm of cool? Personally, I think it will look great, even in the Satin Silver which is what I have. I know that to the normal person the car will look awesome, but any Mustang enthusiast will know that its not the Cobra R and might even turn their noses up at it. Opinions????

·
Registered
154 Posts
I want my car to be more than just fun to look at!!! I would definately get some go fast parts as well. To me, looks are close second to performance. :yup:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Well its your car and you should do whatever makes you happy with it. But since your asking for our opinions on the subject I'll give you mine.

I have no problems with people using body parts from other models at all, my only personal gripe is when I see people badging their cars as something theyre not. Like putting GT badges on a six or putting Cobra badges on a GT.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i totally agree with stonecold, its your car to do with what you please but if you want the looks thats great just dont claim you have a gtr and when someone asks dont try to portray it as something its not, just a sweet GT with a kit :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Agree w/most - your car, your canvas - same as your house or whatever. I'm not the type to run out and buy some '427' emblems and stick'em on my car but if you like the look of the R or a Saleen or Shelby, go for it. An 'R' wing on a car w/skinny tires is just going to be wrong but if get total look right it should be fine. "Hot-rodding" is based on individual expression. Might want to consider long-term issues - the money you won't get back out of it, re-saleability, could you still go through car wash, etc. I'd be collecting pictures of R's & Saleens, etc. and figuring the best features that appeal to you and shop carefully for pieces. Might also want to start spreadsheet and begin adding up estimated prices for finished product, as in, $1800 for wheels/tire, $1200 for suspension, $700 for hood, etc. I'd think there would be a Cobra R club or registry. See if this helps: http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/s...-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/417/top

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the opinions. Maybe I'll just go the route of the front splitter and spend the rest of the money on exhaust, gears, Eibach pro kit, flash tuner, etc.:naughty

·
Registered
108 Posts
The show I was in a couple weeks ago, I was parked beside a cobra with the R body kit. But he had the balls to back up the body. It was a cool car, if you put the time and money into it that he did it would be sweet. Check it out, the white one!!! Oh, and a picture of a real one also at the same show!! Enjoy!!:gringreen

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Underw0rld said:
I want my car to be more than just fun to look at!!! I would definately get some go fast parts as well. To me, looks are close second to performance. :yup:
i agree 100%....if you want to dress your car up be sure you have the balls to back it up...nothing i hate more than a rebadged v6 or GT that has a saleen kit on it........as long as the power is there, do what u want

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.