Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangers not paying over sticker

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dave 02 gt 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The dealers are just trying to rape ppl I saw an auction on ebay for a 2005 Mustang GT $35,675.00?? I was like yeah right I just got a 05 GT loaded for $26,500? These ppl are frigging stupid.. They are trying to pull another T-bird on us but most consumers have wised up...

#4 ·
congrats on the 05 mustangtk, we need pic's lots of pic's

#5 ·
I trying to decide whether to go with a pair of wide Lemans stripes or the 69 Boss 302 look as an accent to the silver paint. So far my dealership has sold three GT's all at MSRP. Two were ordered and the other one from stock. Dealers will learn that Mustang enthusiast are smarter then the yuppies who overpaid to own an T-Bird when they first came out. We can barely give them away now.

#6 ·
Yeah, its so stupid here. 9K for a "limited production" fee. *rolls eyes*

#7 ·
It's good to see that on some levels people are starting to wise up, and refuse to be ripped off.

Problem is , we know this is not the way it's happening through out the country. Many people either do'nt know or do'nt care if they pay more. Until they stop buying at above msrp, the greedy will have the advantage.

The best advise I could give when looking for an 05; know what it should cost, do'nt be afraid to walk away and shop around, and if you find a dealer trying to rip you off..........tell them about it..... do'nt walk away without putting them in thier place. We hold the cash. That is the power .....not the limited run, and until we make them understand that they will keep trying. :yup:

#8 ·
I think the people paying the excessive prices have never owned a Mustang before. They are so anxious to become an owner of an american icon they lose any sense of proper judgement. It happens all the time when a 'hot' new vehicle hits the showrooms. Remember the morons who paid 5k plus over msrp for a PT Cruiser or a Hummer H2 and the new Beetle. They had to have the 'hot' new car. Remember when DVD players first came out they were like 600 bucks, well I bought mine then (only paid 250 for a 400 player) and now they can be had for less then a 100 bucks.

#9 ·
that is why i wait , when i start looking for my se, all the dealers will be telling me that the car is a limitted production car an will want me to pay $5000 over msrp. but ill be trying to get it on the a or x plan.

#11 ·
silverjay57 said:
yeah the a plan is nice, maybe someone may hook me up one day with that!!!

Paying anything near MSRP is nuts!!!
id say paying $36,000 is not good. makes ya wanta slap the dealer trying to get this out of a v6 or a gt :sterb: :madas:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.