Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 17, and would like to buy a 80's mustang. What would be the best yr and model? Im looking for a mustang thats FAST. Not fast fast but hopefully it can accelerate fast and hit 150. It could be a 90's to but hopefully it can be bought cheap. Also do you have any suggestions to mod them? Thanks, (My dad used to have a mustang gt 5.0 1984) so im kinda inspired lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
First of all your not going to do 150 on the streets or highway if so Im grabbing your tag # and turning in the police or calling your parents, ok now that being your Daddy stuff is out the way, look for the 89-92 mustang for efi (most easily modifable) & if you want to go the carb route 1985 (first year of the roller motor). Although if you really want to learn the basics of the mustang a 1982-85 GT would be a great first car, thats really where it all began for the fox mustang, good luck

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'd go 86 and up for fuel injection. I'm partial to the notchback but they are hard to find for cheap. Most fox bodies are sky rocketing in price. Make sure you check out the torqueboxes and floors too, check out the thread on what to look for when buying a used fox. If your looking for something thats straight up fast, a 20 year old car probably won't do it, but it is a great way to learn your way around a car and they can be made pretty quick with a little bit of know how

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
buy a focus. you arent ready for a mustang with goals like "hit 150 mph"

G

·
I would not worry to much.....

I don't know many 17 year olds that have the financial resources or skills to build a car capable of 150 mph......:rollgrin:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I would not worry to much.....

I don't know many 17 year olds that have the financial resources or skills to build a car capable of 150 mph......:rollgrin:
Oh, come on now... don't be hating on us teenagers.....

.....although I can't aruge with the finances part.:sosad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.