Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the car back today. Heres the list: 302, x303 cam with gt40P heads shaved for 10.5:1 compression. Vortech V1 with 7" crank and 3.12 pulley. UPR powerpipe, bolt ons, etc. Put down 470 rwhp today. The engine was wantin more but I think a qt of 50/50 meth mix per quarter mile pass is plenty for my wallet. We turned it back to 451 rwhp. The x cam only allowed for 8# of boost even though the 3.12 and a power pipe should have been more like 12 psi. I would love to see this setup with a custom cam. Tuned by Bob Monks in MO. <gotta give it to this guy! Super nice takes his time and great guy for the job :bigthumbsup

So what do you guys think???? :D :smoke:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Very impressive. That car would for sure support the LS-1 Eater license plate!!! :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Pretty nice.....what kinda torque did she put down?

Post up the graph:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
graph,video,pics and track videos/results please

i think that should cover it:laugh:

how come you shaved the heads if you're running a blower?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt a company bought all fords explorer motors when they quit using them. They shaved them to make a 340hp crate motor. Didnt have that info til just the other day. I found an article in MM&FF. Probably could have put down 520 to the wheels if I had another jet holder for the meth kit.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I didnt a company bought all fords explorer motors when they quit using them. They shaved them to make a 340hp crate motor. Didnt have that info til just the other day. I found an article in MM&FF. Probably could have put down 520 to the wheels if I had another jet holder for the meth kit.
Just how much power do you think that block is gunna hold?! Lol just kidding nice, dyno graph a must!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tuner says 620 all day. Ill stay as close to 500 as possible without changing anything.

Rick torque was 412 Ill post the graph as soon as I get my printer hooked to my new computer

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a pic but its all blurred. peak hp was at 5760 with an AF ratio of 11.86 the bottom graph is the A/F.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Torque was kinda low huh. Pretty sure that x cam of your didn't help much.

·
Registered
487 Posts
for those mods, thats retardedly good numbers...

nice man:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Nope but the blocks a its limit so F it :)
Well enjoy it for a bit but as long as the bottom end was good and the tune is spot on it will survive.

I got a friend also who runs stock bottom end with trick flow top end and slapped a procharger on it. He also dialed back the boost some to prolong the life of the bottom end and it has been going strong for almost 2 years I would say. He is pushing 10 lbs or a hair more making 450 to the wheels and almost 500 lbs of tq.

So rock on :rockwoot::rockwoot:

·
Registered
371 Posts
i dream of those numbers out of my lil 306 :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its an AEM meth kit from Kurgan motorsports.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
so when is it gonna hit the track??

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
nice numbers with those mods. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts