Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, I have been away for the summer and havent posted in a while I also got a jetski so have been busy making that crazy fast but back to my post!

Fri night i got out of work at the bar around 1am and took a couple miles drive north of the house to a gas station selling some decently priced gas. I pull out and a mustang comes up on my rearend with a 03-04 cobra bumper. I thought it was a cobra but he passed me and i saw it was a lowered gt.

About 2 miles later we were driving down the same streets, he pulls next to me and revs, so i rev back and i yell to him 2nd gear. We were like going 50 or so! he honked and we took off the first time we were dead even. Then second time i pulled a bit during second gear-his bumper at my door, and the 2nd to 3rd gear shift he fell back to my rear tire and stayed there for fourth gear. We did this on a completely empty street at 1:30 am,lol.

So I asked him to follow me and we pulled into a home depot shopping center and checked out what we have. OMG OMG

This guy has a bbk cold air intake, 75mm throttle body, a plenum i had never seen before because to was more square shaped than rectangular from the top, also the black plastic lower maniflod was replaced with this bullit aluminum rasied style one, he had pullies- i check for the label on the crank!, he also had a pro 5.o shift , x pipe, magnaflow, drop, 295 rear end tires, and 3.73 gears a chip and dyno tune. He was on premium and i had regular.

I have a K&N fipk intake, steeda shift, x pipe and custom welded mufflers(stock 04 mach 1 catback turned into a one chamber muffler with me mig welder lol)

We tryed two more pulls and once again we where dead on the first and i pulled a bit on the second.!!!!

This is also key we shifted but at 5,250 rpms, i noticed my shifts we like half a second faster than his like by the time I was out of a gear and going into another he was begining to shift. BUT THERE IS NO WAY something like that could give me a edge on a car with that many mods. He was amazed with my car and made me pop the trunk to show him there was no bottle!!!!!

Im loving this, someone give me a explaination on why i beat him. both '04s mine has 9.9K miles his has 20K both stick

Conrad

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
1. Driver
2. His Tune might be crap

Last one is a real possibility...have seen this on several ocassions, lots of parts but no tunning (or crappy one)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTRaptor said:
Last one is a real possibility...have seen this on several ocassions, lots of parts but no tunning (or crappy one)
But dont you think his 3.73s would have at least carried that, those are suppose to make mustangs much faster than the 3,27s i have

·
Registered
554 Posts
Was he a little on the heavy side? Stereo? Wheels? Body weight? LOL

Later,
Jason

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
The only way to tell if you have a factory freak, is to take it to the track !
You cant base a feeling of your car being a F.F. in a street race !
At the track , its you vs. 1/4 mile , not a guy on the street !
To put your car in the factory freak category ,you should pull a 13.7-13.9 stock !

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ran260gt said:
To put your car in the factory freak category ,you should pull a 13.7-13.9 stock !
is my car in the stock range w/ the intake xpipe catback and short shifter?

·
Registered
383 Posts
srs funk are you trying to tell him something LOL

·
Registered
383 Posts
yeah GTR I have a factory freak stang everytime I go out screwin around ie. racing burnouts anything like that it freaks out and breaks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.