Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone remembers that my first mod was going to be seats and dash kit. Here are the pics finally.

Discuss:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kyle F said:
If anyone remembers that my first mod was going to be seats and dash kit. Here are the pics finally.

I like it alot, I have actually been looking into doing a Carbon Fiber blue/black dash kit for my Sonic GT. Where did you get the custom seats done? and about how much did it cost you? Was it a dash kit that you added, if so where did you get it from and how easy was installation???

Definitely sweet!!!!:eyepoppin :eyepoppin

·
Registered
196 Posts
Kyle F said:

VERY nice classy looking

·
Registered
394 Posts
Very nice. :worship How much did the interior set you back? I've wanted to do something like this with my Jeep Liberty for years. Now, with the parchment seats in the Stang I may have to switch to dreaming about doing it to her.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tonyswim3 said:
I like it alot, I have actually been looking into doing a Carbon Fiber blue/black dash kit for my Sonic GT. Where did you get the custom seats done? and about how much did it cost you? Was it a dash kit that you added, if so where did you get it from and how easy was installation???

Definitely sweet!!!!:eyepoppin :eyepoppin
The Dash and Seats were doen at a local shop. I would have done the dash kit myself, but they only charged me $1200 for the leather, dash kit, and install. Plus it was only going to take them 1 day. So, I said WTF.. just go ahead.

I am not sure what the total break down was on price. I bought it with the car through the dealer when I bough the car.

I paid $1200 for both with installation.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Kyle F said:
The Dash and Seats were doen at a local shop. I would have done the dash kit myself, but they only charged me $1200 for the leather, dash kit, and install. Plus it was only going to take them 1 day. So, I said WTF.. just go ahead.

I am not sure what the total break down was on price. I bought it with the car through the dealer when I bough the car.

I paid $1200 for both with installation.
Sounds like you made out well, and the seating is sick!:drool:

·
Registered
177 Posts
ok i'm fine with being the only one, but i do not like the seats. the curved part you added to the sides does not look good. they remind me of the lumpy gto seats. the dash is nice except for the radio and dimmer swithch areas, i mean why not just make an overlay for everything or crome the whole dash. and people, dont hate on me for hatin, it''s just my opinion, and he did ask for opinions.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
05GTSILVER said:
ok i'm fine with being the only one, but i do not like the seats. the curved part you added to the sides does not look good. they remind me of the lumpy gto seats. the dash is nice except for the radio and dimmer swithch areas, i mean why not just make an overlay for everything or crome the whole dash. and people, dont hate on me for hatin, it''s just my opinion, and he did ask for opinions.
Just out of curiousity... how does that look like a GTO seat... maybe you need to take a better look at the GTO seats... which BTW are much much nicer than ours.

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
the curved sections look like the curved sides of the gto seats below. thus they remind me of gto seats. :sterb:
as far as the gto's being nicer, i wouldn't know never sat in a gto, i was only referring to the look.

http://www.pontiac.com/images/gallery/gto/sm_image6_lrg.jpg
IMHO does not look anything like the above seats. The seat covers (because we all know that is what they are on EVERY car original or not) he have do not change the SHAPE of the seat just the stitching/layout.

Still like both seats. :winks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Me likey, nice job mate:worship

·
Registered
177 Posts
like i stated earlier, i dont mind being the only one, those seats are just ugly. the curved stitching just does not look right. there like weird little flaps that dont fit the lines of the interior. i have a professional interior designer standing over my shoulder right now (seriously), and she says there ugly.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Kyle F said:

I like your mods. Out of curiosity, is that an aftermarket dash upgrade kit? I have been considering one and wonder how they hold up?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
05GTSILVER said:
like i stated earlier, i dont mind being the only one, those seats are just ugly. the curved stitching just does not look right. there like weird little flaps that dont fit the lines of the interior. i have a professional interior designer standing over my shoulder right now (seriously), and she says there ugly.
Wow, you stated your opinion, why did you feel so threatened that you had to go get a "professional" interior designer to affirm your position. Nobody asked for any more resoning to your position except for why you thought it looked like a GTO's seat :huh:

Personally I don't give a $hit about what a professional designer thinks.... remember professional designers are responsible for the Yugo, Citation, and worst of all the new Chargers interior :rolleyes: .

Some people.... its one thing to state your opinion... its another to try to bash on people. I guess I am going to the interior shop today to have it taken out and re-done.

SO Um.. when we all going out to:drink:

R

·
0 Posts
Leave the seats alone, they are fine.

You will never get 100% affirmation on mods period.

Remember, if YOU like your mods, then they are good, period.

My personal opinion, I think they look good given your exterior color.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, completely aftermarket.

Seems ok so far. I will have to see about how it lasts.

And I was being sarcastic. I love my seats. Nobody has said anything Ill about them elsewhere. Even the GTO guys didnt really say anythign bad about the seats, just the car LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
personally i think your seats are awesome. I do however think that you need to do something with the headrest. It looks unbalanced..sort of. A nice yellow mustang stitching in the headrest maybe? Overall though, great interior!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts