Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my girl is due for new rear brake pads as she has a nasty shimmy at the rear when I brake, no noise but none-the-less the afformentioned shaking. She has 28,500 on her so it's not unexpected, especially the way I drive it.

Anyhow the local Ford dealership quoted me $89 for the stock Ford pads, whereas American Muscle offers Hawk HPS pads for $68. Normally I stay OEM with brakes and such, but I was wondering if indeed these pads are better (or any equivelant pads that aren't the cheapo Pep Boys garbage) since they are made for better performance and are a bit cheaper, what do you guys think, or rather what do you recommend?

Thankfully for the time being I have a Fusion at my disposal so i don't have to rush this decision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
shaking also can mean warped rotors, might wanna replace them both at the same time, to avoid having to remove the brakes twice, if u can afford it of course, i plan to do a full brake and rotor job soon, so what are some good quality brake pads and rotors other than stock?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have the stealership give you a price on the Bullit pads as they are an upgrade from the stock GT pads.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
HPS pads work great with the Powerslot rotors. I think Stl is using EBC pads and likes them also.

·
Registered
554 Posts
HPS pads work great with the Powerslot rotors. I think Stl is using EBC pads and likes them also.
I installed Hawk HPS pads and Power Slot rotors a few weeks ago on my 06 GT. So far I like the setup. Keep in mind that collapsing the rear calipers is a PITA. I had to buy a little tool from O'Reily's Auto Parts, clamp the caliper to a jack stand, then turn the tool with a ratchet. Major PITA......

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have the stealership give you a price on the Bullit pads as they are an upgrade from the stock GT pads.
That's a pretty good suggestion..... I didn't even think of that one, thanks!:bigthumbsup

Also, definately going to have the rotors machined, it would be foolish not to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.