Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F*** f*** f*** f***!!

Some guy ran a red light and hit me at around 45ish mph.. I almost thought he missed me when I gassed it :-(

Initial inspection, not any MAJOR body damage but who knows..

The airbags didnt deploy, though I went in a 360 degree turn.. That is not f***ing acceptable for evena ****** sub 10K car..

The car has been towed to ford dealership for assessment

There was a cop right there at the scene when it happened and the report does say its his fault. I just hope his insurance is good.

Will upload pics soon but I have to say, this has got to be the worst day of my life so far.. I am going to the hospital to get checked out and will update pics.

Any suggestions as how to go forward would be appreciated..

In case any of you wondering how much I love my car, read this..
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-lounge/343726-bought-my-dream-car-finally.html

·
0 Posts
That's why I always look when the light turns green before I drive thru.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Rear quarter panels aren't cheap to replace neither are those OEM wheels, looks like a good amount of damage more to fix then you would think.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh man, that's a scary picture, since your car looks just like my car. AHH!

My condolences to you man, but at least it looks fixable.

All the more reason why I took out the 'replace with new' rider on my insurance policy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sorry to hear it, but the damage really doesn't look that bad!

I hope YOU are okay -- that is the important thing. Cars can be replaced. People can't.

It will all work out! Please keep us posted -- we are here to support you through this tough time!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh, also:

My Dad's '05 S197 got hit in the front. He needed a new hood, bumper, etc. I don't know if this will work with your insurance company, but he elected to go with the Cervini's ram air hood from AM, and it was cheaper than the stock OEM replacement ford was quoting. The insurance company paid the entire price for the aftermarket hood to be installed and cut him a check for the difference in price, which he used to replace the chin spoiler, which wasn't originally part of the OEM car, but had been damaged. You might want to see if that's an option for you; if maybe any of the parts damaged were something you were going to customize.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yeah -- time for some new axle backs and a Saleen rear bumper! :cool:

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
Glad your OK man. I'm sorry to see your baby go. I understand. I LOVE my car on a level that many people in my circles just don't understand at all.

The one quote that Jeremy Clarkson got right:

"I genuinely believe that some machines have a soul and I can’t bear to think of my Ford sitting in a warehouse now, unloved and unwanted."

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Glad you're ok! The car was hit too far back for the side airbags, FYI.
If you have good insurance, (USAA, Farmers, etc) you can have the car fixed at your choice of shop, and they'll subrogate the claim to the other person's insurance, since he's at fault.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Glad you're ok! The car was hit too far back for the side airbags, FYI.
If you have good insurance, (USAA, Farmers, etc) you can have the car fixed at your choice of shop, and they'll subrogate the claim to the other person's insurance, since he's at fault.
+1 on USAA.

I've been with USAA for 20 years, and they've always been good to me.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
+1 on USAA.

I've been with USAA for 20 years, and they've always been good to me.
Yep...been with USAA for almost 30 years. Never once had a problem with them. I hope the OP's insurance will be the same.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Glad you are ok. Looks like the car can be fixed.

FYI, the reason your air bags did not go off; is because he clipped your rear end. There was no direct side impact (t-bone). This is why you did a 360 spin.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The airbags didnt deploy, though I went in a 360 degree turn.. That is not f***ing acceptable for evena ****** sub 10K car..
Whoa there buckaroo, slow your roll...

Yes, it's supremely ****** that you got hit, and I hope that your vehicle is repaired expeditiously and fairly. That having been said, your statement is not rooted in simple physics.

He hit you almost at the back of your car, where the least amount of weight is, and consequently where the least amount of traction is. That you spun in a 360 is not the car's fault; tossing another $30k at it isn't going to change anything. A $500,000 Ferrari F1, hit in the same place at the same speed, is going to react in exactly the same way.

I understand that you're angry, but you need to place the blame on the responsible party - the dickweed that ran a red light and hit you, not your poor car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
As above for the airbags...

If they had gone off for an impact like that then you would have good cause to complain.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Airbags only deploy on a frontal or side collision, but it appears this accident did not trigger the sensors.

Sorry about your ride man, that sucks terribly. As for what to do, you need to notify your insurance company of the accident, tell them you were NOT at fault (this is important) and get them a copy of the police report as soon as you have it.

Hopefully the other party's insurance is valid and he has enough coverage for your auto repairs and medical costs. I carry Uninsured/Underinsured coverage on my cars because roughly a quarter of all drivers on Texas roads are not covered.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went to the hospital and almost everything looks fine. Doc said, i have to come back in a week if pain doesnt go away.

The impact was ON the wheel while i gassed it to avoid the collision. Thats prolly the reason i spun around almost 360... Which should at least in my opinion have triggered the bags, but i might be wrong

Talked to the dealership and they gave an estimate of 4 grand. Apparently the other guys insurance company sent someone already and they put together an estimate... They are saying the rear quarter panel is not replaceable and they are going to take the dents out and repaint it... The door is going to be repainted, trunk, new bumpers and some other plastic parts..

Any advice?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 66 Posts