Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Up Whats Up Guys, Just Figured You Guys Might Like To See My Project Ive Been Working On Latly, Its a 67 Mustang Coup, With a 289 and a 3speed manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres more pics on the resturation ive done so far.

Heres Some Pics Of The Body Work N Primer Job i Did For Now.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres Some Engine Bay Pics.

Heres Some Of The Engine Bay Work I Did. I Had To Repair The Spot Were It Was Hit. And The Cancer Spots I Put In Some Patches. And Used Spot Weld Cutter To Remove The Old Battery Tray Aperon. And The Radiator Saport.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sand Blasting.

Well I Sand Blasted The Front. And Spot Welded The New Stuff In. And Painted It With A Rustperformer To Keep A Good Base Coat For When I Paint It Here Soon. And The Inner Fender Aperons Are Lined, Were its Inbetween The Fender and the Aperons. And I Should Be doing the body work here on the fenders here within the next few days, and ill post some pics of it for u guys.

but what do u guys think? not to bad for a 19yr old kid huh? doing everything in his driveway lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Jay,
You are doing a great job of building your project but I wouldn't call it a Shelby 289. It is easy to see that the car is not an original Shelby and that the engine is not a Shelby prepped 289.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shelby

ah thats true its jus got the origional shelby intake and valve covers n aircleaner but if there gullable enof to belive it then its on them. its just a regular 289. tho those parts are insainly rare to find.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Forgot About This Form, But Heres Some More Work I Did On Her.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres The Engine And All That, I Get My Headers Nxt Week Got Them In The Mail, Still Gota Get My Sending Unit For The Fuel Tank. And A Battery But Im Hoping To Have It Running In Time For The Drag Races Nxt Month.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But I Made My Own Cowl Hood, I Lined The Inside Of The Fenders With Truck Bed Linner. And The Sub Frame. I Sprayed The Engine Bay With Semi Gloss. The Fenders Are Not Alined With The Body Cause In That Pic i Never Put The Bottom Bolts In. And The Hood Was Just Resting On The Top. I Still Have To Get My Valve Covers Glass Beaded And Change My Distributor Cap To A Diff Color Cause Im Not Running Anything Blue. Idk Tell Me What you Guys Think Been Working On It On My Free Time Doing My First RestoMod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts