Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i have got my first mustang and im really wanting to trasform it but there is only one problem im concerned with. When I brought it home i was inspecting the frame. I took off the front drivers side wheel and saw there was about an inch hole through the frame. This was in front of the shocks toward the front of the car and the hole was due to rust. Ive been thinking about just filling in the hole then bracing it but im not that creative. Anybody know what i should do?

·
Registered
622 Posts
if you can weld i would suggest that we weld a brace on both sides after wire brushing or sanding the rust away.. and then spray paint it with a rust inhibitor paint. at the very least brush and sand it clean and then spray it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
if there's a hole there, there's another one somewhere else. if it's in the k frame i suggest removing the k frame ( unbolt it) and replace it with a good one from the wreckers. before you reinstall it have it sandblasted and powdercoated. they make new tubular k frames but thats a bit of overkill for a 2.3l. ( i'm doing the same thing to my wifes 97 taurus, k frames rotted, body's fine)

·
Registered
164 Posts
If it was a v8 I would say cut the rust out and brace it but since its a 2.3 and not alot of flex I say just cut the rust out and weld new metal in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think i could just cut up some sub frame connectors and weld them on as a brace inside and around the hole, anlmost like a brace? (of course after removing the rust)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.