Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i own a 1995 mustang gt with a 302. my car will start up fine and hold idle fine. i can drive it for like 2 hours max then after i come to a stop my idle will begin to chug downward to the point the car dies. i am getting no trouble codes and here is what i have done so far to fix this problem. brand new tps (set at the correct voltage), Brand new IAC, Brand new MAF sensor, I have replaced the fuel filter as well as the clutch, i have also set the timing on the engine with a timing gun. Im lost for what i need to do next. If i let the car rest for 30 mins to an hour it will start up like it has no problems again.plzzzz helllpppp

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I just had this type of problem. I had to replace my distributor. The PIP sensor inside it was going bad and it's way to complicated to replace. Also could be your TFI module on the side of the distributor but my bet is the PIP is going bad. Try a new/used distributor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 1995 mustang gt cuts off after running for an extended period of time Reply to Th

thankk you i will try this to see if that takes care of it

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 88, after driving for a good while, the car word surge and die at stop lights. It would also die when I would take hard turns sometimes. I thought it was an intake problem but it ended up being the fuel pump. I replaced the fuel pump and now it idles like a charm, and after running it for a long time it never surges or dies.

·
Registered
640 Posts
on a 95 the TFI module is on the passenger side of the engine compartment under the intake

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks alot guuys all has worked out for me
Did you replace anything? If so, what? I'm having somewhat of a similar problem, car dies once it gets warmed up. Used a spark tester and was not getting any spark. Would start just fine after sitting overnight. I'm still in the trouble shooting mode and have been told that the TFI and PIP might be going bad. Just wondering what your solution was. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts