Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 96 GT 5spd on August 23rd, 2011 after selling my 84 GT T-top. The 96 is pretty much all stock but I picked up a CAI as well as other bolt ons are in the works. This is my fist mod motor build but I have build and owned over 25+ Mustangs/Fords. I just came to a point in my life I for once want to build a car just to enjoy and not worry about how fast it is or what it runs in the 1/4, so the 96 will be built more for show and cruise. Heres a couple pics,

The day she came home and after 8 hours of cleaning. All stock except lowered.

First mod, color matched $75 CL find, 4" ABC Exclusive Cobra R hood.

Next came $25 CL find, American Muscle CAI modified to short ram (now has different filter)

Then there was 03-04 Mach 1 radio/shifter bezels.....FREE!!!! Will be getting Ford indash touch screen nav system

Next came Bullit pedals, PITA to install but well worth it!!

White faced indiglo gaues from AM.

99-04 PBR dual piston caliper upgrade, almost color matched,

Full 02 GT PI motor swap,

Out with the old,

Now,

Interior,

This is how she sits now,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Winter plans will be,

Total repaint with custom airbrush. (the guy that painted it didnt know what he was doing)
03-04 Cobra IRS swap,
Wire tuck/hiding,
Bullitt intake swap, (maybe)
Complete front suspension rebuild,
Cobra front brakes,
Misc. powdercoating.

and a few other misc. odds and ends will be done/redone and I have more custom mirror polished stainless pieces to make. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have right at $1000 in the swap with the 30k mile complete engine, COP conversion harness, Prothane motor mounts and all the fluids. Me and a buddy did all the work so that really kept cost down.

As for the gauges Ill be using Whitegauges.com, as Ive bought several from them before and they are very high quality. Then I will be doing the LED conversion as well.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
That is a good looking car there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts