Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took 21 hours, 5 Advil, a large Papa Johns pizza, and 4 Rockstar's to do a compete paint correction on my DD 4 season Mustang and the results I got were phenomenal. I took my time to make sure I did everything 100% correctly. On the before pic you can see the scratches by the side scoop to door handle and the buffer trails - the whole car basically looked like this. And then the after... - the paint has some orange peel. I'm not too concerned due to the fact it's a daily driver. Keep in mind this paint is 13 years old...

Process :

Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher
1. Full Clay
2. Adam's Severe Swirl Remover
3. Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover
4. Adam's Fine Machine Polish
5. Adam's Machine SuperWax
- 3 up/down back/forth pattern passes to each section

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
You should be proud of a job well done. Like you said, considering the 13 year old paint and it being a daily driver. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
108 Posts
Man you did one awesome job! Hard believe that is 13 year old paint!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I felt like I got body slammed by Andre The Giant afterwords and for the next couple days...

The clay bar I used was a Meguiars consumer line clay. Basically the one you can get at Wally World. I'll be buying Adams brand clay on my next go around.:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts