Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I introduced myself and promised to get some pics. I was able to do so after I washed and waxed it, of course. To update everyone my car is an '02 GT auto, all stock except for the Cervini bumper. I bought it with 48,000 miles on it.

I've been reading some threads on this forum to get an idea of what I want to do to it performance wise. I have decided that I'm going to install the following and not necessarily in this order: H&R super sport lowering springs, Accufab 70mm Throttle Body and Plenum combo, Intake spacer, K&N FIPK CAI, Steeda underdrive pulleys, and FRPP 4.10 gears. When I get around to starting these mods depends on when I sell my Bronco, but I figure I'd go into some detail in order to receive some constructive critism.

·
Registered
487 Posts
sharp looking car mods list looks good except for the spacer just a waste of money and dont forget about getting rid of the stock exhaust & h-pipe

·
Registered
258 Posts
You are on the right track. I would not get the intake spacer. Dont get the underdrive pullies if you ever want a positive displacement supercharger like the Kenne Bell.
Get a handheld programmer like a Diablosports Predator or an SCT, so you can firm up your shifts. Read up on the J-mod, so you can modify your valve body and get better, stronger shifts.
I would get 3.73 gears if you ever plan a power adder, else get the 4.10s.
And you have to make it sound like a Mustang, so get rid of the stock midpipe and catback and get something that flows better and sounds like a Mustang. The combo I have sounds pretty menacing (MRT catted H and Borla Stingers).
Spend a few (thousand) dollars and you will have a really nice car, faster than many costing thousands more!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise. Yeah, I forgot to add that I plan on adding a cat-back. As for the intake spacer, I guess I'll skip that. Don't plan on adding a supercharger, so I think I'll stick with the 4.10's.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Good list, but like they said dump the UD pulleys and Intake Spacer. Go with a catback and a midpipe. And definatley an SCT Tuner or Diablo Tuner.

By the way, nice looking GT. Looks like its in real good condition.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good list, but like they said dump the UD pulleys and Intake Spacer. Go with a catback and a midpipe. And definatley an SCT Tuner or Diablo Tuner.

By the way, nice looking GT. Looks like its in real good condition.
Yes, it is in excellent condition. When I opened the hood at the dealer, I was stunned, it looks brand new...cleaner then my '08 Ram, haha. I've had the car for just 3 days now and every second of driving it is a blast. Definitely glad I chose the 'Stang and not a F-body, lol.

·
Registered
958 Posts
She's a beauty!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
165 Posts
Clean looking mustang! I have the H&R super sport springs and I love them. perfect drop and still ride pretty good.

DONT FORGET AN MGW SHORT THROW SHIFTER!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clean looking mustang! I have the H&R super sport springs and I love them. perfect drop and still ride pretty good.

DONT FORGET AN MGW SHORT THROW SHIFTER!
Thanks. It seems like the H&R's seem to be the most popular. As for the short throw shifter, well, it's be hard to install on my automatic:scratchchin.

·
Registered
165 Posts
hahahah sorry. i guess i didnt read it over well enough to realize that.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm debating on whether I should order the SLP Loudmouth I exhaust or Magnaflow catback. I'm keeping the stock midpipe for now. I've decided exhaust will be my first upgrade. I want something loud as heck, but at the same type I want a deep mellow growl and not something raspy. I've heard the SLP's are as loud as they come. Opinions?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
i would get the slp loudmouth and keep the h pipe they sound good :bigthumbsup

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I installed a JLT intake today along with a SCT X3 (93 octane). All I can say is WOW, what an improvement. I can only imagine what the 4.10's will do, I have them and a 70mm TB and plenum in my garage waiting to be installed. :gringreen

·
Registered
25 Posts
Supercharge it!...Saleen Series IV Supercharger Kit w/ Blower, Intercooler, and 30 lb/hr Injectors. Awesome addition!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nice, yea 4.10s wake the car up big time. I got them done and I put like 250-300 miles on it. Then I opened it up, damn. I can hang with my dads Mach 1. My trap speed is 104 his is 105.

As far as exhaust, if you really want to do it right do a midpipe. They make such a differance. When I took off my midpipe to put my stock H back on to bring it to the dealer (3rd gear) I noticed a big differance. An Off Road Midpipe makes a big differance.

A really good sound is the Magnapacks and Magnaflow OffRoad Tru X pipe all on American Muscle.

If you do the SLP LM1 (what I have) with an o/r X pipe its seriously sounds retarded. Not enjoyable. But Im gonna run my SLP 1 with an o/r Prochamber Ill let you know what it sounds like in a week or 2. Good luck man

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I already installed the SLP LM1's about 3 weeks ago, I love them by the way. Just yesterday I installed the SCT X3 and JLT CAI. Thursday, I get the 4.10's installed. Then I'm installing the 70mm TB and Plenum. I ran a 14.3 1/4 mile, all stock except for the SLP's. I can't wait to see what I'll run after the above mods!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Oh nice. You should do a high flow catted mid pipe or a off road Prochamber. 14.3 is good stock. Thats wat my average was best with just the SLP Catback. My best run with just the SLP Catback I managed a 14.023 @ 100.68mph. Now with 4.10s mid pipe catback, throttle body plenum, CAI and Diablo Tune I ran a 13.6 @ 104. But my 60 foot sucked, I havent used the Nittos yet. I should hit around 13.3 or 13.4...hopefully

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Well, I already installed the SLP LM1's about 3 weeks ago, I love them by the way. Just yesterday I installed the SCT X3 and JLT CAI. Thursday, I get the 4.10's installed. Then I'm installing the 70mm TB and Plenum. I ran a 14.3 1/4 mile, all stock except for the SLP's. I can't wait to see what I'll run after the above mods!
Sweet, your on the right track to crack 13's:bigthumbsup Btw, SLP LM1's with a o/r x or h pipe equals some loss of hearing:hihi:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.