Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh nice. You should do a high flow catted mid pipe or a off road Prochamber. 14.3 is good stock. Thats wat my average was best with just the SLP Catback. My best run with just the SLP Catback I managed a 14.023 @ 100.68mph. Now with 4.10s mid pipe catback, throttle body plenum, CAI and Diablo Tune I ran a 13.6 @ 104. But my 60 foot sucked, I havent used the Nittos yet. I should hit around 13.3 or 13.4...hopefully
I'm glad to hear this! I am hoping to be well into the 13's by this fall, if not by the end of this week:gringreen. I know I'll probably end up having to get Nitto's though to keep from spinning at the track.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sweet, your on the right track to crack 13's:bigthumbsup Btw, SLP LM1's with a o/r x or h pipe equals some loss of hearing:hihi:
Yeah, so I've heard. That's the only reason I haven't got one yet, I don't want it to sound ignorant.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Yeah, so I've heard. That's the only reason I haven't got one yet, I don't want it to sound ignorant.
I almost went with the SLP LM1's but then I heard how it sounds up close and personal and it was too loud for me(with a o/r x pipe) I wonder how SLP LM2's would sound with my Pypes o/r X:scratchchin

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nice man. Nittos are good, youll hear a lot of mixed opnions with them.

As far as the strip, let those 4.10s break in before you start banging gears. I let mine break in like 400 miles before I brought it up to 4k rpm. And my rear end doesnt make any noises at all. I think if you start banging gears a few miles after there installed they can get f*cked up. Not 100% sure though.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice man. Nittos are good, youll hear a lot of mixed opnions with them.

As far as the strip, let those 4.10s break in before you start banging gears. I let mine break in like 400 miles before I brought it up to 4k rpm. And my rear end doesnt make any noises at all. I think if you start banging gears a few miles after there installed they can get f*cked up. Not 100% sure though.
I've heard several people say the same thing. It'll be hard for me not to put that pedal to the metal for that long of a time.
I installed the Plenum and TB today, there is definitely an improvement in throttle response. I ended up installing the 75mm instead of the 70mm.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I dont think your supposed to. Ive heard not to with a Kenne Bell, so I dont think with a Procharger either. Plus Underdrive pulleys are like 2-3hp which isnt even noticeable, and $200. Personally I wouldnt get them.

02GTMuscle, Thats cool man, glad to see your getting a lot done to the car already. And yea those first few hundred miles of driving it easily sucks. But its totally worth it when u can hit it. First gear is nothing in it with 4.10s, it feels like 3 car lengths lmao. Like I said man, I think youll be really surprised with an Off Road midpipe. You should look for a off road Prochamber on craigslist. I found mine for $100. The Prochamber quiets it up over an Off Road X or H. Good luck man :bigthumbsup

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, I installed all of the mods that I bought this past Sunday at AM! The 4.10's were installed by a reputable shop and there is no gear noise.
That SCT tuner made a great improvement to my Stang and with the 4.10's on top of that, it feels like a whole new machine.:bigthumbsup

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.