Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I love this car. I've had a ton of fun driving around in it. I spent a couple hours in yesterday and have the sunburn to prove it (welcome to the convertible life)! I took several pictures and have posted them to this thread. I also took a walk-around video in HD! I posted the video at the bottom of this message. I am only sorry that the exhaust note didn't come through more clearly on the video.

Specs on the car:
P8F GT Convertible Premium
401A Rapid spec
Black exterior
Charcoal black interior w/ cashmere accents
Auto transmission
Electronics package
Comfort package
Rear view camera
Standard 18" wheels

Let me know if you guys want a pic of anything else on the car and I'll see what I can do. I don't have a still picture of the engine, but at this point I think lots of people have taken better pics of it than me.

Impressions of the car:
For me, the first thing I noticed was the 5.0 emblem on the side. Second was how solid everything felt - the door closes like a rock, the trunk feels well-sealed, etc. While I was getting trained on SYNC at the dealer, I got a call on my phone. It was perfect, coincidental timing and the system worked great. This car is definitely a head-turner. Before I could leave, I had a couple come up and want to hear it start, check out the engine, etc. I could tell the husband was an enthusiast because he was talking about the 1/4-mile speeds that Evolution had hit. Then found out his wife had a 1995 (give or take - I can't remember) Cobra convertible.

Now what everyone really cares about - how is it to drive. My perspective comes from owning a pickup and SUV for the past 11 years, never a sports car. I most of the driving impressions have been highlighted already. I haven't pushed the car to any extremes, yet. What I can comment on is the convertible experience.

First, I have been very pleased with how the voice controls work with the top down. I haven't had a single problem, but have been driving mostly around town with the top down. Driving at highway speeds, it is not hard to carry on a conversation with the top down. Sure it's a little breezy and louder than with the top up, but it is still easy to talk. And the noise/wind drop significantly when you roll up the side windows. I thought my wife and I would have to yell with the top down, but that's not the case at all. With the top up, it's as quiet as our 2006 Honda Pilot.

I have the Shaker 500 sound system, and while it doesn't blow me away, I think it sounds fine. I have only been listening to MP3s from my iPod. Sure, the base is a bit muddy and there isn't a huge dynamic range, but it's loud enough to listen to while driving with the top down. However, my expectations going in were fairly low, so I guess it isn't too impressive to say it did a better job than expected. One of my planned mods is to upgrade the speakers, add a sub or two, and get a stronger system.

Miscellaneous thoughts: What impressed my mother-in-law the most was the NAV and the "light show" (referring to the MyColor system and how you can change the gauge cluster colors, as well as the ambient lighting). I'm not sure any one thing impressed my wife, but she really likes the whole car. We had a family gathering yesterday, and most of the women wanted me to put the top down and look at the car. The guys wanted to hear me start it up and talk about specs. So, I guess that someone fits the stereotypes. Everyone thought the voice controls were VERY cool.

So, there you have my impressions after basically 36 hours with the car. Last night was mostly spent cleaning out the garage to make room in our "coral" and today is over to the auto parts store for a California Duster to add to my car care supplies. Enjoy the video and pictures.

-Jesse

Here is the YouTube video.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats!

Mustang makes a great ragtop. My previous 4 cars have been convertibles as well.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Congrats man that is one beautiful Stang Black is Georgous! Enjoy Man, I really appreciate the walk around vid gives us guys something to drool about till ours comes in lol! Maybe you can do an in car video soon! :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congratulations! sounds like you are really enjoying your stang so far and it seems like part of the fun of a new 5.0 is getting to show it off to your friends and family!.........ENJOY!
each new report just makes the waiting a little harder

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congrats!!!

Hey j051499, CONGRATULATIONS on such a VERY beautiful 'Stang! I have never owned a convertable but it sure is very enticing indeed! Thanks a bunch for posting pics and a really cool vid of your new baby! I hope you enjoy your new baby and please continue to share your experiences and how your planned mods are going. Take care and good luck to you! Jack :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats on your purchase - it's definitely a black beauty. No shocker that it's solid - I heard for 2011 that Ford reinforced the seals for better sound deadening. However, I HIGHLY suggest you highly look into getting a Steeda front arm relocation kit and bumpsteer kit if you want to keep the nice comfortable cruising elements of the car after adding 20"s and especially since you're lowering it. Also don't forget to claybar her for the rail dust from shipping will slowly corrode that nice slick black paint. Again, congrats and enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hediya, thanks for the tips. I'll check out the relocation and bumpsteer kits. And I have the claybar ready. Plan to wash and detail it myself tomorrow. I also picked up a California duster and have a car cover on order. Going to protect this baby.

Hey Jack, thanks for the comments and I see you got your black hard top in. Nice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.