Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I've been a memeber for a bit, but not been around for awhile, and I just got my new 5.0, so I thought I'd post a pic. This is not my pic, it's one I stole off the interwebz of exactly what my car looks like. It's actually a picture of another member's 2011 5.0, but it's exactly what mine looks like, and I don't own a camera to take my own pictures.:laugh:

It's a GT Premium MT82 6SPD, Brembo Brake Package, 3.73 Ratio, Blk/Blk. Right now it's got about 120 miles or so on it. I believe it was built on 6/24/11, that's what is in the lower right side information box on the window sticker.

I have read the tech section and see that there are engine "ticking" issues, and transmission issues. There was no way that I could read through the multiple pages of each of those topics, so if anyone can summarize those 2 issues, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't worry about those "issues". Just have fun with the car. Nice by the way.

·
Registered
946 Posts
You want a summary of all the heated and drawn out thread about what's wrong with the mustang?

Summary: Drive the damn car and don't worry about it until you have to. And if you have to, you have a warranty and a whole forum of people to help you through it if you need support/advice.

Nice, car BTW. My car should look very similar, only silver.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One observation in my 4th day of ownership.

I will never own a black car again.:nogrinner

·
Registered
946 Posts

I could have told you that before you ordered your car! My current DD is black and it's one that I like to keep looking nice as frequently as possible. There is a reason the mustang I have on order is silver!

My track day car is also black, but since that doesn't get driven all that frequently, it's not bad. Plus, the car isn't pristine to begin with.

·
Registered
396 Posts

Wash it correctly and keep her clean. nothing looks better than a clean black car. Try Blackfire wet diamond paint sealent too,,great reviews! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
352 Posts

Yep, we had a supercharged Buick Regal GS that we bought new. It was black. After that car I said I would never buy another black car and haven't. It is just so hard to keep them clean.

Nice car!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ditto re the black Mustang. I said I would not own another black car, but when I saw the ugly black body moldings on the 2011 Mustangs, they were ugly on all but the black car, so I did the unthinkable and bought a black Mustang! But never again.

I wipe down my black Mustang every morning, and again for cruise nights. The water stains and dirt that show on the black paint and body moldings annoy me a whole lot. Those moldings are the only significant gripe I have with my 5.0!

Please FoMoCo, paint those ugly moldings to match the body color.

·
Registered
74 Posts
love the car! just like black kona blue is very hard to keep consistently
fresh

·
Registered
101 Posts
Add multiple coats of Zaino...and Zaino Grand Finale prior to every cruise night...

Enough said! Car looks sexxxy - it is the fastest colour. :)

~Darren

·
Registered
331 Posts
Great looking GT.....all my cars are black...have been for the last 30 years.....except one red 03' Z06 vette.......black looks so good clean that I really don't care how quickly it get's dirty.....

·
Registered
417 Posts

Nah...don't be that way. Black = high risk but very high reward.:)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Congratulations. Don't worry too much about the issues. If you experience them, remember, you bought a new car and it comes with a warranty. Take it in.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the exact same car. Looks good. :bigthumbsup

BTW, I recently learned that washing/rinsing my car WITHOUT the hose nozzle on it seems to reduce water spots and makes drying quicker (for some reason). Don't splash, just let the water stream down the car. Makes washing the car less of a hassle.

I got nothing for keeping the car clean btw washes, lol.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What's the consensus on how long to wait before waxing, and what is a decent wax that's not too expensive. I've been using Meguire's Tech Wax 2.0. Is there something better for the same money?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very sexy, cant have black interior down here in Florida, gets WAYYY too hot o_O My friend and I have identical cars save interior, mine is tan his is black and for short trips his car is murder!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.