Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
granted it was during a canyon run and his 2010 gti is chipped with about 250hp/300tq. I could gain on him in the straights but this car is no match in the tight corners with that car..probably to be expected. he took me through that canyon on purpose probably because he knew he would own me

I will say this, the mustang has eerie lateral g numbers!

he drove that canyon several times and it was a first time for me. he is also a better driver than I am. there was a bad stretch of road for several miles with uneven pavement and the live axle in my car was dancing all over the place..pretty scary. the mustang handles well but is not a great canyon carver especially if the pavement is crap.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have one and believe what you're saying. The car handles like it is on a rail and with the APR chip it becomes a little monster, especially when the turbo kicks in at around 3500 rpm. They are a blast to drive that is why it'll be my daily driver :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Oh man, you got owned. :p And thats in a 2011 5.0? ewwww

The street race gods were not shining upon you.
Street racing is dangerous BTW. lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
That sounds about right based on my experience. Granted I have the v6.

I came across a brand new STI. We started playing around on the highway. He had more low end torque but all that i needed was a downshift and rpms above 4k and i was keeping up until he deeked off onto some curvy side roads. The combination of his low end power and suspension work got the better of my live rear axle. Nearing the end of that same road it started to even out and i surprised him and overtook him quickly as he though he had lost me. Then my detector LIT UP!!. Scared the hell out of me! I am pretty sure he had one too as we both slowed down as a RCMP was tailing us for a good 20 minutes.

I must admit, I am really proud that I was able to at least keep up with him on the straight aways.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh man, you got owned. :p And thats in a 2011 5.0? ewwww

The street race gods were not shining upon you.
Street racing is dangerous BTW. lol
we weren't street racing, we were just planning a little canyon run after work and i was desperately trying to keep up with him. he kept slowing down in stretches for me to catch up.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I out ran a guy on a motorcycle with my track pack mustang on a serious of on and off ramp sharp curves in Atlanta. He let off around 80 but my track pack stang carved just fine all the way to about 95mph on an s curve.

Guy on the crotch rocket couldn't believe a mustang could do that.
I did the same thing to one of those BMW 135s or what ever they are in the same spot two days later.

You need better tires and tighter springs. Leave the advance trac fully engaged. I could feel mine kick in at two spots on that section if road.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know the new 5.0 handles decent but these things were built for straight line action... Take those beamers and suburu's to the strip... All you need are some good hooking tires.

·
Registered
132 Posts
And the driver mod.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I know the new 5.0 handles decent but these things were built for straight line action... Take those beamers and suburu's to the strip... All you need are some good hooking tires.
I drove one Saturday. Bad body roll. It handled like a fat drunk kid on a rollerblade when I kicked it on the corners of on and off ramps. (just my opinion).

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Im actually surprised it doesnt handle better. It strikes more of a road car than a Drag Car. Considering the weight and stuff. I know they haul a$$ in a straight line, just surprised it doesnt handle as good as a ding dong car. hmmm

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea a neon SRT4 or whatever u call those doucher cars tried to toy with me on the highway. he got next to me and waived and took off. young punk kid. all i did was drop it in 4th (i was at about 5gs there) and tooook off. needless to say he wasnt waiving as i flew by him. And I even slowed down and got next to him and stared and he didnt even look at me lol. needless to say he got owwwwned. Buttttt i dont recommend racing at all. I just wanted to teach him a lesson.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
:bigthumbsup
yea a neon SRT4 or whatever u call those doucher cars tried to toy with me on the highway. he got next to me and waived and took off. young punk kid. all i did was drop it in 4th (i was at about 5gs there) and tooook off. needless to say he wasnt waiving as i flew by him. And I even slowed down and got next to him and stared and he didnt even look at me lol. needless to say he got owwwwned. Buttttt i dont recommend racing at all. I just wanted to teach him a lesson.
:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

Don't apologize. You could have put him in a Ditch and I would not have been offended.

Look I don't care how fast those things are. They are still NEONS.

You would have a faster car and a better story if you just strapped a f22 raptor engine to a pinto or chevette (and I dare say, it would STILL be better looking even if you used duck tape) and call it a day!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Haha very true. at the end of the day its still a neon.

:bigthumbsup

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

Don't apologize. You could have put him in a Ditch and I would not have been offended.

Look I don't care how fast those things are. They are still NEONS.

You would have a faster car and a better story if you just strapped a f22 raptor engine to a pinto or chevette (and I dare say, it would STILL be better looking even if you used duck tape) and call it a day!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
There is definately something different with the Brembo package then, because it does not have the bad body roll. It handles very closely to the 2010 Track Pack. I don't know about GTs without the package.

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea i have the brembos and it feels very tight. and i took some onramps (big circle turn ones) at about 60-70 mph with no hesitation.
There is definately something different with the Brembo package then, because it does not have the bad body roll. It handles very closely to the 2010 Track Pack. I don't know about GTs without the package.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i have the brembos and it feels very tight. and i took some onramps (big circle turn ones) at about 60-70 mph with no hesitation.
+1 my car is very tight and no body roll from me either. the car was just outmatched by smaller hatchbacks with tight suspensions in twisties.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Truth be told, if be suprised and dissappointed w Ford if the brembo package DIDN'T at least have recalibrated advance track and tweaked suspension (even if the part numbers are the same).

TO my thinking, the different inertial forces and better tires would REQUIRE additional tweaking.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
in for some good info--- if anyone can confirm differences in suspensions
Have sjpony go test drive a non brembo one. He will be honest about it (for now all we have are driver impressions).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts