Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dunno. Not the best article out there by any means. Only thing I noticed was his dislikes. the lack of an automatic in the Boss and gt500. In my opinion cars like that should never have an automatic. lol says the guy with an automatic :shigrin

·
Registered
297 Posts
pretty much copy and paste from ford literature and a few other reviews. with the auto should be on the boss and shelby..

lame.

beers

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
Someone was "paid" to write that? And seriously, "swaying" towards the Camaro or Vette because of no "automatic transmission" in the two most "iconic" Mustang names right now? Ok, this is why you are a "journalist," whoever you are, not a car "enthusiast." Lay off the damn "quotes."

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
510hp Shelby GT ?
Yeah, so, was that the huge mistake that was so terrible?

Big deal, been lots worse mistakes made by other writers about these cars.

I agree it's not a great article, but I doubt one written by another 6th grader would be any better.

Just so you know, the name Greg Zyla, is a pen name for Jethro Bodine, he grad-gee-ated the six grade don't you know...:smartass:

·
Banned
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, so, was that the huge mistake that was so terrible?

Big deal, been lots worse mistakes made by other writers about these cars.

I agree it's not a great article, but I doubt one written by another 6th grader would be any better.

Just so you know, the name Greg Zyla, is a pen name for Jethro Bodine, he grad-gee-ated the six grade don't you know...:smartass:
More egregious than the pitiful lack of research and insight was the notion of an automatic for the Boss and Shelby. To me, it is a prime example of someone who just doesn't 'get it'. My loathing for this piece is based more on the notion of the transmission options to help it's marketability. The thousands of man hours put in by the Boss engineers at Ford, as shown on Speed Channel's Boss 1 hour show "Ford Remakes a Legend", were all focused on the goal of delivering the ultimate track car. There are links to this show on someone's facebook page in 3 segments are out there on a thread on the TMS forum. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend doing so.

I have no problem with anyone who gripes about the lack of ANY options save for the Recaros and Torsen (Shaker, Sync, HIDs, etc). The fact they use the base Mustang V6 instrument panel w/o a factory oil pressure gauge annoys me, so I don't think the Boss is perfect and anyone who criticizes it is a dope.

The author reminds me of the Geico caveman guy who shows up on the dock of the crab boat with his designer luggage, asks for a porter to fetch his bags while get gets a latte.

While my 6th grader might make minor typos and grammatical errors, he certainly knows enough to literally 'do his homework' to not miss and completely overlook the very reason for the Boss's existence.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree...it's kind of lame.

The writer doesn't really understand the Coyote motor...doesn't talk about how the car drives. My assumption is that it was little more than a puff piece.

Once upon a time, i wrote things like that myself, but I actually drove the cars and talked about ho they drove, gave people a feel for the car.

735 Posts
That article has to be one of the most positive I've ever seen on a Mustang.

You guys must still be nursing a pre July 4th hangover ...

POSITIVE STATEMENTS

1. still the "King of the Pony Cars"
  2. fun to drive and affordable to own
  3. Mustang for 2012 is perhaps the best it's ever been
  4. Through its history, Mustang never ceased operation in any manner
  5. enthusiasts have been rewarded with more novel models to choose from, rave reviews and important citations
  6. Ford's latest 5.0 V8 pumps out an amazing 412 horsepower at 6,500 rpm from it's "smaller than Camaro SS" engine
  7. The cylinder heads … resemble the width and length of the Hemi engines that made MOPARS so successful along the way
  8. the GT Coupe is capable of 12-second quarter miles at 108 right off the showroom floor
  9. Ford engineers are clearly massaging its ... V8 to the point of spectacular power, much to the chagrin of the competition
  10. The multi port fuel injection, cold air induction … delivers the goods in spades
  11. a most respectable 17 city and 26 highway EPA numbers
  12. ownership much easier on the wallet than those now "collector only" 1969 Mustang Cobra Jets and Boss 302s
  13. the Camaro SS is in big trouble and the Pony Car superiority clearly stays in Mustang's camp
  14. Mustang GT's suspension puts it way ahead of the competition
  15. our test GT did very well in some quicker speed cornering
  16. the car didn't wheel hop at full throttle even with the traction control off and tires spinning a bit from a start
  17. Well done Ford
  18. The 6-speed manual transmission also shifts better and more precise than Camaro SS
  19. when the comfort factor is weighed in, the Mustang is way out front.
  20. It used to be that Camaro SS could outrun the Ford GT, but with what's available at your Ford dealer today, this is no longer the norm.
  21. Mustang GT is loaded with all the necessities
  22. buyers who want a lighter and quicker Mustang GT Coupe without ... can do so for $29,310. This is a great price for one amazing supercar
  23. what I expected from the world's top Pony Car builder ... came through in top class form
  24. a 6-speed automatic is available for those who don't want to shift with the GT, with a loss of just one mpg highway
  25. All safety items are in place
  26. the interior is retro nice
  27. a great shifter
NEGATIVE STATEMENTS

1. Mustang still comes with rear-drive solid "live" rear axle
  2. Live rear axles aren't known for traction and handling
  3. the unavailability of that 6-speed automatic in the Boss 302 and Shelby GT, which I feel will hurt sales
And there you go: 27 Positive comments, 3 negative one's.

It doesn't get much better than that ...

·
Registered
996 Posts
The Daily Review is just another on-line news outlet that doesn't specialize in the auto industry as far as I can see. The only suspicious number I saw was "Mustang GT Coupe without every bell and whistle can do so for $29,310" I came up with $37,400 for the Premium coupe with Brembos and just a few options. Otherwise, the article was very positive for Mustang owners IMHO.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
The Daily Review is just another on-line news outlet that doesn't specialize in the auto industry as far as I can see. The only suspicious number I saw was "Mustang GT Coupe without every bell and whistle can do so for $29,310" I came up with $37,400 for the Premium coupe with Brembos and just a few options. Otherwise, the article was very positive for Mustang owners IMHO.
You guys just don't have any sense of humor...

A base Mustang GT stickers for $29,310 without the delivery charge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.