Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some opinions I came across a random offer on my car, it's a trade, a 2001 mustang gt 5sp has 160,000kms on it all original minus short throw shift and a H pipe, silver in colour with black cloth interior.

He wants to trade even for my 95 gt 5.0 I have put new rims and tires all around, new brakes, new clutch with adjustable cable, new quadrant, and firewall adjuster, also a bbk off-road H pipe my car has 269,000km on it
Dark forest green in colour with a new charcoal interior with a sunroof.

Any thoughts and opinionson this deal would be appreciated thanks

Jason

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
956 Posts
It's really up to you. Personally I prefer the sound and power of the pushrod motor and they only made that body style for two years with the 5.0.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
In my opinion the 95 GT is a much nicer looking
car than the 01 GT. The 01 has a bit more HP
than the 95 Gt also you know what you have.
If you trade for this car you really don't know
what you are getting. I wouldn't trade.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my opinion the 95 GT is a much nicer looking
car than the 01 GT. The 01 has a bit more HP
than the 95 Gt also you know what you have.
If you trade for this car you really don't know
what you are getting. I wouldn't trade.

I went and looked at it and I wasn't impressed, the quarters were gone, engine light was on,
First thing that popped into my head was if the quarters were rotten how's the underneath? At that point I turned him down

Like you said with my 95 gt I know what I have and the underneath is real solid

Plus I'm sure those 4.6's are a lot more to repair or rebuild than a 5.0 push rod

·
Registered
228 Posts
Go drive that 4.6 then make your decision. I was looking to join the 2v 4.6 world. I went and drove one and was completely unimpressed. I would keep the 5.0 save up your money and do some engine work to it. The 5.0 is so much easier to work on and way cheaper to make power with. Now if it was a 32 valve 4.6....thats a different story

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go drive that 4.6 then make your decision. I was looking to join the 2v 4.6 world. I went and drove one and was completely unimpressed. I would keep the 5.0 save up your money and do some engine work to it. The 5.0 is so much easier to work on and way cheaper to make power with. Now if it was a 32 valve 4.6....thats a different story

32v 4.6 Is the cobra engine right?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes it is, thats a whole other beast. Personally, I think it's top 3 if not the best engine the Mustang has had in it. (Loves to breathe up top)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts