1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
502 Posts
Almost 10 HP top side!! That is freakin' great!

I thought the conventional wisdom was that you couldn't get any gains from a new axleback on the Sixer...only a better sound. John, you and Lidio have proven the experts wrong once again!

But...dang it...now I've got one MORE thing on my "short list" to buy...

Thanks much for the info...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zregime said:
Almost 10 HP top side!! That is freakin' great!

I thought the conventional wisdom was that you couldn't get any gains from a new axleback on the Sixer...only a better sound. John, you and Lidio have proven the experts wrong once again!

But...dang it...now I've got one MORE thing on my "short list" to buy...

Thanks much for the info...
Well Lidio did the dyno... BUT the real credit on this one goes to Scott Hoag of MRT (www.mrt-direct.com) who convinced me to give this axle back a chance! Thanks, Scott!!

Yeah, it really is amazing since I already had the Magnflow with it "straight-through" design... Even Lidio was pretty amazed at the results!

·
Registered
502 Posts
...So I just went to the MRT website and the only thing I'm seeing is the Aero Turbine, which appears to be for the GT only? Is that what you got on yours?

·
Registered
465 Posts
John, man that really sounds good! The power gains are unreal for a muffler and your dyno results contradict everything I've read on these forums because you are proving a 15 RWHP gain over a stock setup! Unreal, but the dyno doesn't lie. Imagine the sound and gain if you go to duals.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zregime said:
...So I just went to the MRT website and the only thing I'm seeing is the Aero Turbine, which appears to be for the GT only? Is that what you got on yours?
Scott starts with a simple Aero-Turbine muffler (www.aero-turbine.com) and then adds the connecting pipe,tip and hangers, so it a complete setup. Now one thing I noticed about my Magnaflow... The hangers were just regular steel and as such were rusting.. which isn't that big of a deal... unless you show your car (like I do). Scott actually uses stainless hangers! And Scott's setup is cheaper than the Magnaflow by about $45!

As far as the Aero-Turbine... I had been to their website before... and thought it had to be a bunch of rubbish! But after seeing the dyno results it's hard no to think something has to be working! LOL!

Yeah, Scott has really started marketing his axle back to the V6 crowd yet.. I think that's going to change now! Basically all you want is the passenger side of the GT kit... so it's $225 for one... I don't know how quick their website will be updated... heck I was the first one to buy just a single so they had to put the part # in the accounting system so they could give me an invoice! LOL!

Anyways... if you're looking for a louder sound and pretty darn deep, I think this setup is the way to go... and dont' forget the extra performance!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rgensemer said:
John, man that really sounds good! The power gains are unreal for a muffler and your dyno results contradict everything I've read on these forums because you are proving a 15 RWHP gain over a stock setup! Unreal, but the dyno doesn't lie. Imagine the sound and gain if you go to duals.
Yeah, Lidio was absolutely amazed! The he looks at me and says "hey if your butt dyno says there's a gain and my dyno says there's... then there's a gain!" He kind of throws his arms up and laughs!

I'ld be lying if i said this think isn't loud... at 2900RPM at 80MPH it is loud... maybe not make your ears bleed loud but I definitely had to turn the stereo up! LOL!

I don't know what would happen with dual... may sound better... may sound worse... But I like Scott's philosophy... Why disappoint with a dual (because you'll never get a V8 sound, just not possible) when you can surprise them with a single! I like that!

BTW this is the muffler they used on there V6 SEMA car after trying out a bunch of mufflers... Scott choose this one based on the "street reaction"... he's driving the car through downtown Northville... He sees some guys standing on the sidewalk... he decides to give the throttle a crack... All the heads immediately turn and someone yells out "That is the most bad a$$ Mustang I've ever heard!" He knew right then he had found the right muffler! LOL

·
Registered
165 Posts
fishingjts said:
I swapped out my Magnaflow single axle back for a MRT single axle back... and much to my surpise I got a significant gain! And the sound on it AWESOME!

Here's today's dyno sheet:

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/Screaming/Images/mrtdyno2.jpg

And here's a little vid clip of the sound: 1st rev is the magnaflow, 2nd is the MRT
Before and After

And a video of today dyno run: Dyno

You can read my whole write up at: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/Screaming/Mustang.htm#muffler
Once again , John.......Amazing!!! Simply Amazing ......Saw the videos and I'm still wiping the drool off the floor!! Great Job Bro!!

Leon

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LeonSORTX said:
Once again , John.......Amazing!!! Simply Amazing ......Saw the videos and I'm still wiping the drool off the floor!! Great Job Bro!!

Leon
Thanks!!! Comments like that make it all worth while!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.