Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone wants to buy this for me for my birthday I wouldn't be mad! Just kidding! Would be pretty awesome to have though!

1993 Cobra R Mustang

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think he's a little crack pipe for asking 97K TBH. I've seen those go for high 40's low 50's but $97000. You could have a new Super Snake for that kind of cash.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that is alot of money but that is a BAD!! car and only 107 made.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Shoot, you could buy a bad a$$ '69-'70 Mach 1 for that much.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
He'll get a LOT for it, especially if that 325 miles can be documented. That's a full boogie race car and they're usually put into a bubble, never to see the light of day again and THAT is the real travesty. Those things were built to RACE, not be a trophy.

·
Registered
883 Posts
you guys do know that a collector has one with only 6 miles on it sitting in a garage right?

·
Registered
224 Posts
you guys do know that a collector has one with only 6 miles on it sitting in a garage right?

First, why have it if you dont drive it-I know we all agree on that.

Second, I agree that 97k is a bit steep, even for that machine.

Lastly, if a person decided to sell a car like that...no let me re-phrase..if a person had the money to own a car like that and THEN decided to sell it, why would he pick CL(a free listing site)? There are tons of publications(print and digital) specifically for rare cars like this one. If I WERE going to sell this specific car on my own(if it were mine)...even though I love CL, it would be my last option. People shop on CL for deals not to spend a year's salary. I would at least use Ebay or Hemmings.

·
Registered
781 Posts
When I first read the ad I thought he was selling it for 9700, I was scrabbling for the phone and my saving account #'s and was ready to go fly to texas tonight, then realized it was 97000. 86GTvert makes a good point why craigslist that is a bit suspect to me. That car should be sold at a auction like barret and jackson, even if he has to pay $10K in fees he'll still see 55-60K out of it. 97K is alot, but I've see people trying to get alot more for much less. I'd say 65K all day long

·
Registered
651 Posts
Between him listing it on craigslist and the pics of it sitting in his driveway he is either really stupid or my money is on its a fake....

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The Rs didn't have fog lights, they have ducts to direct the air to cool the brakes.

Good point about CraigsList, I would go to a more prestigious place to sell than a list where you can find cans of dirt and broken jewelry for sale.

·
Registered
184 Posts
another thing is why do people always take pics right after they wash it, and I mean right after didn't even dry the thing... If it is what he said it is I wouldn't let it sit a sec in the sun with water on it... must have bad paint already

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.