Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 v6 mustang and i had a pro install my cd player its been fine for about a year now all of a sudden it will not turn on undid positive wire put back on and nothing took the face off cd player nothing. im lost

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
Check the fuse. Is there power on the hot wire to the unit?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check the constant 12+ wire, yellow, the switched 12+ wire, red, and the ground, black. Use a voltmeter to see if theres power going through the constant and switched. If theres no power then a fuse might have blown. For the voltmeter, tap into the wires before they are connected to the headunit harness by buttconnectors or where they are soldered. If it was done by an audio shop, hopefully they soldered everything. I wouldnt worry about it if the headunit is fried if you have a warranty. Also, this might be obvious, but make sure you dont let the 2 power wires touch metal or other wires. There will be a fuse in the fuse panel solely for the radio too. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.