Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two weeks ago a guy was parked on the right side of the street and I was driving down the street. When I got about half a car behind him, he pulled sharply to the left and hit my passenger door and that sent me to the left side of the street. Waiting to meet me on the other side were 2 big brick mailboxes!

Two friends were in the car and we were all ok. As for the car it needs a new door, hood, and fender. Surprisingly none of the headlight assembly got hit and the bumper did not even crack. The main damage was from the bricks falling on top of the fender and hood, and of course the truck punching my passenger door.

All is well though. My car needed a paintjob badly and the insurance is supposed to cut me a check for close to 3,000 so that's good. The best part is I have two fenders and a hood from my old convertible and I found a door for $100, so the rest of the $$ will go to a [email protected]#$ paintjob and body work.

Just wanted to let you guys know what's happening.

Sad part is I had barely gotten my trickflow combo running for 3 days and this happened 3 houses down from me. :mad:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Little misfortune=Big gain :grinroll: You have both my condolences and congratulations, LOL

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I think it's ultimately good luck. Damage to bolt-on parts only. Sounds like your car will actually be better when you get it back, with minimal expense to you. Usually it's the other way around. Get the most out of it that you can.:strut The insurance guy is probably happy too, he's getting off cheaper than he would've if you'd been driving any 2000 or later car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.